Notices

Posts: 4,672 | Thanked: 5,455 times | Joined on Jul 2008 @ Springfield, MA, USA
Darnit.. I just got that error now too. Now that I've found this, I can't install it. I am a broken man at this moment. Muito triste. ;.;

Posts: 29 | Thanked: 2 times | Joined on May 2008 @ In Soviet Russia
XMMS 100% load CPU when I listen ogg-files, its normal?

Posts: 739 | Thanked: 159 times | Joined on Sep 2007 @ Germany - Munich
Originally Posted by OID View Post
XMMS 100% load CPU when I listen ogg-files, its normal?
If you have a 770 then yes it's normal.

Unable to install latest xmms. It depends on xmmsctrl > 1.9-3 (note the GREATER THAN, not ">="), but only xmmsctrl_1.9-3 is available.
Doh
Thanks I will upload a new version in a couple of hours.

edit:
I've uploaded version 10

Last edited by free; 2008-08-06 at 12:55.

Posts: 221 | Thanked: 182 times | Joined on Jul 2007 @ Central Illinois
Originally Posted by free View Post
I've uploaded version 10
Thanks for the update. It looks like my xmms-compat is no longer necessary. However, I didn't see the link to the default skins directory (/usr/share/xmms/Skins/) when I used the skin browser. I had to add it manually. Or did you update the xmms-skins package to add that directory to the user's prefs file? If not, then users should be made aware that they need to add the directory themselves to see any skins installed by the 'xmms-skins' or 'xmms-skins-others' packages.

Also, for your next release, you should put the xmms.desktop file into the "/usr/share/applications/hildon/" directory so that Personal Menu can "see" the application. Right now, a user has to enter the command for XMMS manually.

Last edited by terrencegf; 2008-08-06 at 13:50.

The Following User Says Thank You to terrencegf For This Useful Post:
Originally Posted by terrencegf View Post
Thanks for the update. It looks like my xmms-compat is no longer necessary. However, I didn't see the link to the default skins directory (/usr/share/xmms/Skins/) when I used the skin browser. I had to add it manually. Or did you update the xmms-skins package to add that directory to the user's prefs file? If not, then users should be made aware that they need to add the directory themselves to see any skins installed by the 'xmms-skins' or 'xmms-skins-others' packages.
Yes, that's what I will do in xmms-skins* packages with an awk postinst script. Probably today I'll upload new versions.
Also, for your next release, you should put the xmms.desktop file into the "/usr/share/applications/hildon/" directory so that Personal Menu can "see" the application. Right now, a user has to enter the command for XMMS manually.
Ok didn't know about this personal menu. If it helps, I'll change this.

Thanks for the feedback terrencegf

By the way, the modifications are done in the source code as I didn't want to add a conffile to xmms and also didn't want to touch the user configuration (and especially for handling upgrades)

Font was anyway not existing on default system so this was not adapted for these devices.
Double Size was needed for first start.

The rest is done in the postinst.

Posts: 29 | Thanked: 2 times | Joined on May 2008 @ In Soviet Russia
I have n800 with last 2007 OS firmeware. XMMS playng mp3-songs perfectly, but ogg load 100% cpu. Im trying Alsa, eSound and Crossfade output plugins, but no result. Any ideas about this?

This is GREAT!! ^.^ I loooove XMMS on the N800! It gives me everything I want in a GREAT mp3 player. MUCH better than the one that comes with the N800's OS. (I've really, really REALLY been hurting for a good FF/RW and .. well EVERYTHING XMMS does.!)

I've noticed one significantly BAD thing. If you minimize the XMMS window, it disappears entirely with no good way to bring it back onscreen--no icon in the task list at all. (I did manage to bring it back onscreen by re-launching it so that it brought itself back to the foreground--but this is kind sloppy. I wonder if I can get it to show up in the status bar at the top of the screen along next to the POWER indicator? I'm guessing this would mean needing to write a maemo specific plugin for XMMS.)

Also.. I LOVE that I can position XMMS on maemo. I'm REALLY glad--it can look like it's a part of my desktop this way... except that it insists on always being on top even though I have 'Always On Top' turned off.

Thank you VERY VERY much for this port!

Originally Posted by danramos View Post
This is GREAT!! ^.^ I loooove XMMS on the N800! It gives me everything I want in a GREAT mp3 player. MUCH better than the one that comes with the N800's OS. (I've really, really REALLY been hurting for a good FF/RW and .. well EVERYTHING XMMS does.!)

I've noticed one significantly BAD thing. If you minimize the XMMS window, it disappears entirely with no good way to bring it back onscreen--no icon in the task list at all. (I did manage to bring it back onscreen by re-launching it so that it brought itself back to the foreground--but this is kind sloppy. I wonder if I can get it to show up in the status bar at the top of the screen along next to the POWER indicator? I'm guessing this would mean needing to write a maemo specific plugin for XMMS.)
Way back in this thread somewhere, I posted a one-liner to bring it back up. Put that in osso-statusbar-cpu (or equivalent), or use kciconsbox...

The Following User Says Thank You to Benson For This Useful Post: