Posts: 3,203 | Thanked: 1,391 times | Joined on Nov 2009 @ Worthing, England
Originally Posted by pumo View Post
thanks !
And you could read it by normal sql command.
tables inside db file:
Code:
cd /home/user/.rtcom-eventlogger/
~./rtcom-eventlogger/sqlite3 el.db
SQLite version 3.6.14
Enter ".help" for instructions
Enter SQL statements terminated with a ";"
sqlite> .tables
Attachments      Flags            Plugins          call_duration  
EventTypes       GroupCache       Remotes          chat_group_info
Events           Headers          Services       
sqlite>
example last 5 events:

Code:
 sqlite3 el.db "select * from events order by id desc limit 5";
23|1|2|1259485990|1259485989|0|0|0|0|0|ring/tel/ring||04xxxxxxxxxxx|||
22|1|1|1259424929|1259424913|0|0|0|0|0|ring/tel/ring||+358xxxxxxxxxx|||
21|1|1|1259325775|1259325767|0|0|0|0|0|ring/tel/ring||+358xxxxxxxxxx|||
20|1|2|1259325537|1259325536|0|0|0|0|0|ring/tel/ring||04xxxxxxxxxxx|||
19|1|2|1259325509|1259325508|0|0|0|0|0|ring/tel/ring||04xxxxxxxxxx|||

(x marks numbers :-) )
or test without breaking anything copy db file to pc (linux) and install sqlliteman and you can browse whole db.

Oooo sql is something i actually understand, so in theory i could create a decent call logging system for the n900 - hmmm, can't wait till i get one and can start playing around (Yes i know i can shove it in a virtual environment lol - just want it in my hands .... Then to learn how to code! again! yay!

Posts: 36 | Thanked: 5 times | Joined on Dec 2006 @ Finland
I understand little sql. and manage list events and convert epoch times to normal times.
Here's example from 5 last start_time, remote_uid:
Code:
sqlite3 /home/user/.rtcom-eventlogger/el.db "select datetime(start_time,'unixepoch','localtime'),remote_uid from events order by id desc limit 5"; 
2009-11-29 09:13:09|04XXXXXXXX
2009-11-28 16:15:13|+358XXXXXXXX
2009-11-27 12:42:47|+358XXXXXXXX
2009-11-27 12:38:56|04XXXXXXXX
2009-11-27 12:38:28|04XXXXXXXX
edit: If I just could make anything visual from this log not just in terminal..

edit2: added localtime to command

Last edited by pumo; 2009-12-04 at 11:32.

The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to pumo For This Useful Post:
Posts: 78 | Thanked: 28 times | Joined on Oct 2009 @ London
Why is there no way of finding out call duration of calls in the history? This is a really usefull feature in S60 devices but seems to be ommited from the N900. I really hope this gets some attention in the next firmware.

Posts: 932 | Thanked: 278 times | Joined on Sep 2009 @ Kentucky
My actual concern is that it a call from a person in your phone book overwrites a call you made to him/her so you essentially have not history of when you made the call to him/her. This is a definite bug that needs to be looked at and be improved upon in the next release of firmware.

The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to x61 For This Useful Post:
I would like to be able to view according to received calls, missed calls, dialed numbers as you could on symbian phones as opposed to just one single list for all types of calls.

The Following User Says Thank You to etuoyo For This Useful Post:
Posts: 932 | Thanked: 278 times | Joined on Sep 2009 @ Kentucky
Originally Posted by etuoyo View Post
I would like to be able to view according to received calls, missed calls, dialed numbers as you could on symbian phones as opposed to just one single list for all types of calls.
Yup, that's what I also expect. I guess we got spoiled by symbian OS.

Posts: 78 | Thanked: 28 times | Joined on Oct 2009 @ London
I know some may say the N900 is meant to be an internet tablet, but I get the impression Nokia thinks if people dont mind poor phone features on the iPhone then they can get away with it on the N900. Nokia should be playing to there strengths, they have always had good call log fetures up till now and must live up to their reputation as the leaders of mobile phones.

Originally Posted by bret hart View Post
I know some may say the N900 is meant to be an internet tablet, but I get the impression Nokia thinks if people dont mind poor phone features on the iPhone then they can get away with it on the N900. Nokia should be playing to there strengths, they have always had good call log fetures up till now and must live up to their reputation as the leaders of mobile phones.
Yeah I am not sure why they are taking steps back with this device. Thought would have been easy to port all the basics from symbian. In fact easier than having to start from scratch.

Posts: 388 | Thanked: 1,340 times | Joined on Nov 2007 @ Finland
Originally Posted by etuoyo View Post
Yeah I am not sure why they are taking steps back with this device. Thought would have been easy to port all the basics from symbian. In fact easier than having to start from scratch.
It is not that simple. Sometimes it is easier to start from scratch. Different platform and software stack, different goals, different UIs, old aging spagetti code, licensing and so on.

Originally Posted by chunnayya View Post
Hi,

The current implementation of the Call Log on Symbian S60 (I have both the N95 + E71; using on ATT/USA) is quite limited in that all incoming calls via GSM/UMTS show the "mobile phone" icon (SIP calls show the SIP icon) - i.e., the call icon is based on the network the call is coming in on and not on the caller ID number as matched against the phone type as listed in the address book / contacts.

NO. That is a dated implementation of call logging. Looking at my N97 (ATT/USA) mobile calls to an individual in my contacts Db have a mobile phone icon. Non- mobile numbers have a icon of a desk phone. Numbers not in my contact db have an icon of reciever
and the phone mumber. These icons are consistent across missed, recieved and dialed logs.

When examining call logs, and looking at names as listed from the address book / contact list, it is impossible to determine what type of line (mobile, home, office, etc) that call is related to: the user has to check via "Options -> User Number -> Edit", memorize the number, then cross reference via the address book / contacts to find out which line that call is from / to. Has this behavior changed with Maemo 5? [Note: in the call logs, the same icon issue exists as described above for an incoming call]

See above. I know if Jean called me from her desk or mobile via the icon... now if Jean has 2 land lines I can not tell which one she called me from, but I dont really care since i I have to do is highlight log and press call key to call her back.

Lastly, on Symbian S60, when multiple calls are placed, received, missed, from the same number, the last entry for that type (placed, received, missed) replaces a prior entry:

Ummm not on the N97 every call is unique. I have only seen what you describe happen when you get a missed call from the same number twice in a row and they do not leave a message.

Thanks,

-CM
answers in-line with op

N770, N810, N900, N97, N85, E71, 5800xm, iPhone(retired)
AT&T & T-Mobile