Posts: 670 | Thanked: 747 times | Joined on Aug 2009 @ Kansas City, Missouri, USA
Originally Posted by brianctr23 View Post
at&t said they will not be using tmobile 3g towers, so all tmobile 3g will be no ore!
Some T-Mobile towers. Where AT&T and T-Mobile towers are close together, no doubt AT&T will keep whichever one has the best location and/or equipment.

T-Mobile 3G will continue until the merger (err..takeover) is complete and for an unspecified time thereafter. AT&T will need time to get everyone on AT&T-spec phones, probably at least 6-8 months. Actually, I'd be surprised if T-Mo USA 3G is switched off in less than 2 years. So the N900 has quite a while left with 3G and of course 2G will still work. By the time T-Mo's 3G is gone we'll all be wanting LTE units anyway.

This is mostly Very Bad News. I've been with Aerial/Voicestream/T-Mobile for a very long time. Always delivered good service at the best price. The only upsides I can see is even better coverage and eventually, a better LTE network than either AT&T or T-Mo could've delivered individually. At increased cost of course.
Registered Linux user #266531.

Last edited by Crashdamage; 2011-03-21 at 17:15.

Posts: 4,672 | Thanked: 5,455 times | Joined on Jul 2008 @ Springfield, MA, USA
Oh my God, so much HATE for AT&T! What is wrong with you people!?!? AT&T is the BEST carrier EVAR! Why can't you just go to a device or a forum that supports YOUR device and carrier instead of ranting on here??? Stop all the hate! CLEAN UP TMO!
Nokia's slogan shouldn't be the pedo-palmgrabbing image with the slogan, "Connecting People"... It should be one hand open pleadingly with another hand giving the middle finger and the more apt slogan, "Potential Unrealized." --DR

Tags
bada rox, love live att, wrong horse