Thanks a lot, it's a whole lot better. I can now select my wife and son's names.

This really makes the phone a lot more useful to me, thank you.

I can crash it but in an improper use situation that does not matter. How I can make it crash is say I select a word and it inputs it into a chat or mail but there is still a list of words showing, if I select any of those it crashes. I do not think that has to be changed as I consider that improper usage as I have not input anything new.

The Following User Says Thank You to salyavin For This Useful Post:
Originally Posted by salyavin View Post
Thanks a lot, it's a whole lot better. I can now select my wife and son's names.

This really makes the phone a lot more useful to me, thank you.

I can crash it but in an improper use situation that does not matter. How I can make it crash is say I select a word and it inputs it into a chat or mail but there is still a list of words showing, if I select any of those it crashes. I do not think that has to be changed as I consider that improper usage as I have not input anything new.
Crap, you're right, now the prediction functionality is broken instead. I'll see if I can fix it when I have the time to look at it. At least it's not as serious as the old bug.

The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Behold For This Useful Post:
Not working for me, (2014.12.24).
Maybe this is due to the latest Jolla update ?

I have this error:

Code:
[nemo@Jolla plugins]$ systemctl --user stop maliit-server.service && maliit-server                                                                                                                                                             
WARNING: bool MIMPluginManagerPrivate::loadPlugin(const QDir&, const QString&) Error loading plugin from "/usr/lib/maliit/plugins/libmaliit-keyboard-plugin.so" "The shared library was not found."                                            
WARNING: Module 'Sailfish.Silica' does not contain a module identifier directive - it cannot be protected from external registrations.

The Following User Says Thank You to vbmithr For This Useful Post:
Posts: 1,994 | Thanked: 3,342 times | Joined on Jun 2010 @ N900: Battery low. N950: torx 4 re-used once and fine; SIM port torn apart
Originally Posted by vbmithr View Post
Not working for me, (2014.12.24).
Maybe this is due to the latest Jolla update ?

I have this error:

Code:
[nemo@Jolla plugins]$ systemctl --user stop maliit-server.service && maliit-server                                                                                                                                                             
WARNING: bool MIMPluginManagerPrivate::loadPlugin(const QDir&, const QString&) Error loading plugin from "/usr/lib/maliit/plugins/libmaliit-keyboard-plugin.so" "The shared library was not found."                                            
WARNING: Module 'Sailfish.Silica' does not contain a module identifier directive - it cannot be protected from external registrations.
Quick reply...

No idea. Same error-text can be seen here.

Best wishes.
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Per aspera ad astra...

I understand keyboards changed in the very latest opt-in Sailfish update breaking many keyboards. I am hesitating to update since I saw that. Will this keyboard be updated?

Originally Posted by salyavin View Post
I understand keyboards changed in the very latest opt-in Sailfish update breaking many keyboards. I am hesitating to update since I saw that. Will this keyboard be updated?
Unfortunately I cannot verify this at the moment, as my Jolla started to exhibit hardware issues just the other day. I'll get back to you once I get my phone back from repair. For the moment, avoid updating.

But yes, if required I will update the keyboard for compatibility.

The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Behold For This Useful Post:
From the keyboard layouts thread may be a hint.

Code:

import QtQuick 2.0
import ".."

KeyboardLayout {
splitSupported: true

KeyboardRow {

and
Code:

KeyboardRow {
splitIndex: 5

ShiftKey {}

I went ahead and upgrades. I see no change in functionality of this particular keyboard.

Thanks for confirming. I've been incredibly swamped lately so I haven't had a chance to look at how the keyboard works with the latest version yet.

Hi.
I made some workaround modification on JaInputHandler.qml to avoid crash when tapping "prediction type" candidate.
I don't know if it is right solution but at least it seems to work.
I also made updated keyboard (from 1.1.4.29 stock english keyboard) with:
  • enabled split keyboard on landscape
  • disabled autocaps
  • added some Japanese symbols on shifted/symview choonpu key(ー)

I now testing flick-style keyboard and will post qmls if it goes well.
Attached Images

Attached Files
File Type: zip JaInputHandler.zip (2.4 KB, 131 views)
File Type: zip ja_romaji.zip (1.7 KB, 145 views)

The Following User Says Thank You to sleepsounds For This Useful Post:

Tags
input method, sailfish os