Posts: 7,074 | Thanked: 9,069 times | Joined on Oct 2009 @ Moon! It's not the East or the West side... it's the Dark Side
Thanks. English is my first, second and only language here at TMO. Why Reveal my nationality? That would be dangerous and unnecessary.

TMO is a great place to learn the language. Right?

I don't trust poeple without a Nokia n900...

Last edited by Dave999; 2013-10-21 at 20:32.

Guest | Posts: n/a | Thanked: 0 times | Joined on
I didn't ask your nationality; at times I have to remind myself that a lot of posters here, despite their proficiency are not native English speakers. So certain sayings that Americans or British folks may use just do not translate well. Effective communication happens when you know with whom you're addressing.

TMO as a place to learn English? I'd say there's better places. But it's not the worst place.

Posts: 7,074 | Thanked: 9,069 times | Joined on Oct 2009 @ Moon! It's not the East or the West side... it's the Dark Side
I think strange words are super. Keep em coming. Also I think TMO is a great place to learn English because most users are very tolerant when it comes to words and Grammer. In fact, I think it would be healthy for the community if the same tolerance was facing other mobile OS as well. Not saying they should be supported but rather accepted.

Who, whom... Wrooooooooom...

Last edited by Dave999; 2013-10-21 at 21:59.

Posts: 1,400 | Thanked: 3,751 times | Joined on Sep 2009 @ Arctic cold of northern .fi
Jolla won "Millennium Distinction"-award. Note that this is not the big Millenium Prize, but "granted to recipients who have showed prowess in the same fields as last year’s Technology Prize winners". This is the first time I've even heard about this smalle prize.

Linus Torvalds won the real prize last year, and Jolla has apparently shown prowess in the same area.

Last edited by Rauha; 2013-10-22 at 10:49.

Originally Posted by Dave999 View Post
Why Reveal my nationality? That would be dangerous and unnecessary.
But, you already answered this question (not revealing your nationality though), and you did other things that even place you somewhere. Also, you admitted to having Android phones... do you really care about privacy? :-)

Just kidding, of course, although some of the stuff above may or may not be true. Agree with your language == OS tolerance comment though.

It place me somewhere. The question is where?

Information and incorrect information. But network operators also collect info. I have no doubt most of us can easily be tracked down. With or without jolla, with or without Android.

A simple Sim card save send more than enough info.

Last edited by Dave999; 2013-10-22 at 15:58.

I highly recommend reading/watching Death Note to increase paranoia :-)

Originally Posted by ggabriel View Post
I highly recommend reading/watching Death Note to increase paranoia :-)
What's that?

Originally Posted by Dave999 View Post
What's that?
Manga/Anime - one of the topics is about zeoring in somebody. There has been some mathematical analysis done using Death Note as an example and everything.

Anyway, back to Jolla - has anybody noticed that in the end the screen is "only" 5 points multitouch?

Moderator | Posts: 5,320 | Thanked: 4,464 times | Joined on Oct 2009
Yep that was pointed out some time ago, went back to 5 not long after the more detailed specs were released.

Tags
jolla, jolla on topic, jollamobile, meego, merproject, nokia, nokian9, professionals, speculations, tizenjolla