Notices

Nice!, cant wait to try it out

Posts: 97 | Thanked: 30 times | Joined on Dec 2009 @ Russia, Moscow
Can we get an option to sync every day at set time with alarmd from GUI?
I don't want to install yet another scheduler like cron to do the trick.

Posts: 479 | Thanked: 641 times | Joined on Dec 2007 @ Switzerland
Originally Posted by Elhana View Post
Can we get an option to sync every day at set time with alarmd from GUI?
I don't want to install yet another scheduler like cron to do the trick.
Yes, upcoming version 0.2.9 will integrate this feature. Credits for this goes to Jay Xie, who submitted a patch a few pages ago

Posts: 27 | Thanked: 5 times | Joined on Sep 2009 @ Germany
I'm really looking forward to a hopefully more bugfree version of Erminig... There are a lot of things that don't work on my phone... for example I can't synchronize the automatic birthday calendar of the n900 and most fullday dates aren't synced either.

I hope we can get the new version before PR1.2 finally comes out?

All in all a very useful application for the future, thank you very much!

Michael

Originally Posted by Deltree View Post
I'm really looking forward to a hopefully more bugfree version of Erminig... There are a lot of things that don't work on my phone... for example I can't synchronize the automatic birthday calendar of the n900 and most fullday dates aren't synced either.

I hope we can get the new version before PR1.2 finally comes out?
- birthday calendar not syncing is not really a bug, since it's not implemented (yet)
- are those fullday events recurring by any chance? If yes, then it's "by design" for version 0.2.1 and lower. Version 0.2.9 (to be released before the end of the weekend) adds support for recurring events

New version will come before PR1.2 By the way, when version 0.2 of Erminig has been released, 8 hours after that PR1.1 got released...just sayin'

What are the other bugs you have to report?

The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to lorelei For This Useful Post:
Posts: 257 | Thanked: 205 times | Joined on Jan 2010 @ Sydney, Australia
Whenever I try to sync with my calendar I get:
A programming error has been detected during the execution of the program.
Then I have to quit.
The error in the "details" is below.
Am I doing something wrong?
Thanks for your work on this btw.

Code:
Traceback (most recent call last):
  File "/usr/bin/erminig", line 146, sync_all_profiles(widget=<gtk.ToolButton object at 0x40811698 (GtkToolButton at 0x4aa1d8)>, data=<hildon.StackableWindow object at 0x40811cb0 (HildonStackableWindow at 0x43f060)>)
        id = i[0]
        do_profile_sync(id, data)
  variables: {'data': ('local', <hildon.StackableWindow object at 0x40811cb0 (HildonStackableWindow at 0x43f060)>), 'id': ('local', 1), 'do_profile_sync': ('global', <function do_profile_sync at 0x40bb3070>)}
  File "/usr/bin/erminig", line 97, do_profile_sync(id=1, data=<hildon.StackableWindow object at 0x40811cb0 (HildonStackableWindow at 0x43f060)>)
      google_api.switch_account(
          google_accounts.get_account_by_id(profile['remoteAccountId']))
  variables: {'profile': ('local', {'lastUpdate': 0, 'direction': 0, 'lastLocalUpdate': 0, 'remoteSourceTitle': None, 'remoteAccountId': None, 'enabled': 1, 'localSource': u'0', 'remoteSource': u'0', 'localSourceTitle': None, 'id': 1}), 'google_accounts.get_account_by_id': ('global', <function get_account_by_id at 0x4076ce70>)}
  File "/usr/share/erminig/google_accounts.py", line 64, get_account_by_id(id=None)
          "WHERE id = ?", (id,))
      row = dblayer.getRows(cur)[0]
      return (row['username'], row['password'], id)
  variables: {'dblayer.getRows': ('global', <function getRows at 0x4076ccf0>), 'cur': ('local', <sqlite3.Cursor object at 0x40773080>), 'row': (None, None)}
IndexError: list index out of range

Originally Posted by lorelei View Post
- birthday calendar not syncing is not really a bug, since it's not implemented (yet)
Oh, I didn't know that... thought, because I can choose the "cal_ti_smart_birthdays", that it'll work... Would be very useful, though...

- are those fullday events recurring by any chance? If yes, then it's "by design" for version 0.2.1 and lower. Version 0.2.9 (to be released before the end of the weekend) adds support for recurring events
Ah, I didn't know that either... that could really solve most of my problems...

New version will come before PR1.2 By the way, when version 0.2 of Erminig has been released, 8 hours after that PR1.1 got released...just sayin'
Awesome, so you say, PR1.2 will be released by the end of week?

What are the other bugs you have to report?
The "reccurent events problem" actually covers most of my "bugs" if I come think about it... but I'll report others, if I can reproduce them... actually, there was one minor thing:
After I changed the login-name of my Google Account (I thought maybe, the "@" would make a problem), I could change the Google Account in the Sync-Proffiles, but still the program would crash, if I tried to save them or sync them.
But this was solved, after I deleted the Sync-Profiles and recreated them. So a minor problem...

So, thank you very much and I am really looking forward to the new version!

Best wishes,
Michael

Hi all,

as promised version 0.2.9 of Erminig has been released and is available in extras-devel. Look at the bottom of this post for the Changelog.

The big new feature of this version is the support for recurring events. Now a word of warning: recurring events are a rather difficult topic per se, and the odd way it is implemented in the Maemo 5 calendar doesn't help! All of this to say that it's very probable that you will hit a bug or two with recurring events, since I can't really test out all possible combination of recurring events. After synchronizing, have a look at the log, to see if something went wrong.

There are probably many corner cases which I didn't think of, so please report any bug, preferably via bugzilla (thank you in advance for the reports!)

What doesn't work are exceptions to recurrence rules. Unfortunately I cannot fix this, since this is a limitation within Maemo 5 calendar. Oddly enough, the framework is there, but it's completely ignored by the calendar application...

Another feature is the integration with alarmd (to schedule daily syncs), courtesy of Jay Xie who submitted a patch a few weeks ago in this thread. You will find a new option in the settings menu.

Plans for the future:

- I expect to release a bug-fix version rather soonish (since I expect quite a few bugs, especially with the recurrence), but it will really depend on the bug reports I will get.
- After that bug-fix release, I'm thinking of promoting the package to extras-testing, in order to widen the audience and hopefully squash some more bugs, and finally release to Extras.

The changelog:

Code:
  * ENH: More errors conditions are raised to the user
  * FIX: Removed crashes when calendars not available anymore
  * NEW: Automatic Daily synchronization (patch by Jay Xie)
  * FIX: Detect if no Internet connection and raise an error
  * ENH: "Suggest" a name for new calendar names when adding profiles
  * ENH: In "add profile", auto-select a Google account if only one is present
  * ENH: In "add profile", ask for new Google account on startup if none
    present
  * NEW: Support for recurring events
Enjoy

The Following 17 Users Say Thank You to lorelei For This Useful Post:
Awesome! Thank you!
As far as I can see it, there are no problems at all... But tomorrow I'll make it a bit harder for the application

Vielen Dank!
Grüße,
Michael

thanks will try out as soon as possible, about which database I should import to, I have one which is named "n900" is this the one to choose if I want to add it to my n900 calendar software?

Tags
erminig, erminig-ng, ernie nig, google calendar, google sync, synchronization