Originally Posted by GeneralAntilles View Post
They have a good idea of the hardware. It'll be an Cortex A8 (armv7) OMAP3 with 3D acceleration, audio/video decoding acceleration, HSPA connectivity, an OK-quality camera, and somewhere in the ballpark of 128MB of RAM.

What more do you need?
*shrugs* I'm not a developer so I wouldn't necessarily know. But from other experience working on unrelated projects, knowing the components of a product does not necessarily mean you know how the product will work when it's all put together. For example, how parts talk to each other, what the chassis/usability/feel of the device will be, button layout, etc. But hey, this is just me being hopeful and naive.

Originally Posted by fpp View Post
Isn't that saying exactly the same thing I did ? :-)
Uh...yea. Right. Oops. Missed your last sentence. =)

True I guess. The limited bus bandwidth that throttles the N8x0's video chip performance probably wasn't easy to infer in advance from hardware specs alone, for example.

Posts: 5,335 | Thanked: 8,187 times | Joined on Mar 2007 @ Pennsylvania, USA
Originally Posted by TA-t3 View Post
BTW I'm not storing all of Napster..
That comment wasn't directed at you specifically. It was aimed at those who would drop in to point out they have 2.6 TB of MP3s and 7.2 TB of DivX files in the RAID-7337 array attached to the HTPC in their living room.

In other threads, there was some speculation that there could be an announcement on Sept. 20. Is there still any feeling that this could happen? Or is the Maemo 5 announcement all we're getting for now?

I'm doubtful of an announcement at the conclusion of the summit - the past week has been awesome in terms of new information on fremantle, and I feel like Nokia wants to ride that wave and stay on topic for a little longer than to overturn all the excitement on fremantle with (an arguably) even more exciting announcement in the form of a device.

That being said - to stay on topic, any ideas for other upcoming events to announce a device?

Posts: 2,152 | Thanked: 1,490 times | Joined on Jan 2006 @ Czech Republic
Originally Posted by benny1967 View Post
Doesn't Joe carry his tablet around like hackers do?
Maybe but according to Nokia designers he actually doesn't want the cover :-) It adds size, weight and there are two ways to put it on and even possibility to take it off completely which is all pretty confusing ;-)

If you really need to PM me with troubleshooting question please consider posting it to the forum instead. It is OK to PM me a link to such post then. Thank you.

Posts: 5,478 | Thanked: 5,222 times | Joined on Jan 2006 @ St. Petersburg, FL
Originally Posted by nobodysbusiness View Post
In other threads, there was some speculation that there could be an announcement on Sept. 20. Is there still any feeling that this could happen? Or is the Maemo 5 announcement all we're getting for now?
Uh? At the Summit?

I think you're confusing things a bit, we got what we're going to get. Now we wait.

Posts: 1,213 | Thanked: 356 times | Joined on Jan 2008 @ California and Virginia
Originally Posted by theflew View Post
I would guess CES in January 2009. There is no way Nokia would wait until 2010 to release a new device, the market moves to fast. Remember the state of the hardware has nothing to do with the state of the software. For all we know the hardware is done and they are polishing the software over the next several weeks/months.
Im going to CES , and my dad's company does work with Nokia. There has been no talk of a new tablet at CES as far as I know. Maybe I am wrong. They have to release it soon to compete with the iPhones of this world, so...

Posts: 11,700 | Thanked: 10,045 times | Joined on Jun 2006 @ North Texas, USA
Originally Posted by Thesandlord View Post
They have to release it soon to compete with the iPhones of this world, so...
There are plans for some S60 devices to (attempt to) compete with iPhone.

From what I can tell...

Apparently nokia just wants to compete with itself o.o.
pyRadio - Pandora Radio on your N900, N810 or N800!