Notices

Posts: 245 | Thanked: 32 times | Joined on Oct 2009 @ CT USA
ok portrait mode works perfectly.
so simon whats the progress on the mbarcode being able to look up the barcodes on amazon?

I need to sit down and work out how to use the appropriate Amazon Web Services api, I'll try to do some work on this tonight.

Patches welcome of course

The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to lardman For This Useful Post:
cool software...some quirks, once theyr fixed it will be a welcome app

add some cool eye candy for end users too

Great work!
Can I post some 1D barcodes that wasn't recognised well by mbarcode? There are a lot of problems in recognition of 1-4 first and 1-2 last symbols, even when the image quality is almost fine.
Sry for my bad english

yeah go ahead post it

also simon is there a way for you to have mbarcode maybe use one led instead both i think it blinds the barcode and it does not read sometimes? and maybe thats the reason why pandaboom has problems just a thought

The use of the LEDs is controlled by the Gstreamer Photography api, not by me. Possibly something to look at for the future, but I don't currently know how they are controlled.

Yes, please do post some barcodes that are not recognised and I'll see what I can do (like passing them on to the zbar dev, as zbar is used for the 1D and QR code backend).

The Following User Says Thank You to lardman For This Useful Post:
So here is this barcode (cropped but not resized):
http://plasmon.rghost.ru/664032.image
mbarcode shows "0435281445", but the actual ISBN is 9780435281441.
Also mbarcode seems to be unable to recognize barcodes on a curved surfaces (like a can).
Some wishes:
-faster start (current start time is about 2-3 seconds on my N900)
-please remove this "top_application" thing, it's quite annoying
-python plugins (or callback) will be awesome and not so hard to code (IMO). Smth like zlib (recognized barcode) -> mbarcode (interface) -> python (actions with recognized barcodes like an Amazon search or export)
-installation to /home/opt/.
Thanks for your work.

Last edited by pandaboom; 2009-12-02 at 01:56.

i can confirm the reading pandaboom gets

The Following User Says Thank You to amorek13 For This Useful Post:
I've just updated mbarcode from repo, rotation works fine, except one bug: captured image don't rotate with GUI.

Posts: 251 | Thanked: 131 times | Joined on Oct 2009 @ USA
Originally Posted by lardman View Post
The Diablo version isn't affected by screen rotation so it should be fine, the only thing I do need to do is push the Diablo version of libzbar so that it also includes the Conflicts and Replaces lines in the control file.
I had mbarcode 0.0.4 (for Diablo) installed. Now it shows 0.0.6-3 available, but says it conflicts with zbar. It seems that your 'Conflicts' line worked.

I'm not sure about the 'Replaces' line though, as it wouldn't let me update it. I had to uninstall the old version and zbar before I could install the new one.

Also, it doesn't seem to want to start from the launcher, but I can start it from the command line without problems. Any idea why? I'm on a N800.

-jkq
Agro ... : [***-------] Relic(s) : N900

Tags
barcode, camera, mbarcode