Notices

Originally Posted by xur17 View Post
Do you have smssend installed (it is listed as a dependency, so it should have installed automatically). Try running smssend in terminal, and make sure it is.

Can you launch this program from the command line, and let me know what it says when you try to send messages? It is possible that this is an issue with smssend (you could also try sending a message directly using smssend, and let me know if that works).

I don't have an unlimited texting plan (I use google voice), so I haven't done much testing of the SIM option. Has anyone else had success?

EDIT: Make sure you have 0.2.0-5 installed. There were some builds before that that didn't work. Update your catalogs, and then upgrade your applications.
1 ) smssend is already installed along side with smsbomb , as it's a part of the dependency as you said .

2) smssend runs in terminal and i'm able to send single messages using it .

I've used : smssend -s -n +91(thenumber):+91(numberagain) -m "text"

the message was sent and i've received it.

3) I'm in India , i don't think google voice and is only available in the U.S as far as i know .

4) I have an unlimited texting plan , though i dunno if it allows me to send bulk sms's .

5) i have 0.2.0-5 installed

So i'm sure i'm not doing anything wrong yet .

Last edited by DaReaper; 2011-02-11 at 12:03.

Originally Posted by santiago View Post
???
u mean

*s# in the text msg

example

*s# hi! how r u?!

u ll never see the number

Ops, you're right
I have made confusion wirth the anonym calls xD
Goood :P I got a coulple of person to spam..

@xur17 , I just got an update for smssend 0.1-5 or something , this one i think fixed the issue for me with bombing sms's

Thanks a lot for voicing my concern

So SMS bomb for N900 now works with Airtel 3G

Posts: 423 | Thanked: 486 times | Joined on Nov 2009 @ London, England
So, let me get this straight, you can send hundreds of sms's to the same number right? This really couldn't have been timed better.

Now, anyone got Stephen Elop's mobile number?

Last edited by Dancairo; 2011-02-11 at 18:54.

The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Dancairo For This Useful Post:
Posts: 330 | Thanked: 483 times | Joined on Dec 2010 @ Norwich, UK
Originally Posted by xur17 View Post
I sort of expected some people to react like this. I think you are blowing this out of proportion. It would be easier to write a new script to send out spam (eg: a simple bash script attached to smssend). And yes, some people are going to use this to annoy other people, but all other major cell phones have similar programs, and it obviously hasn't become a problem.

If anyone started spamming whole groups of numbers, I can almost guarantee that they would get in trouble with their carrier. This program doesn't do anything ground breaking, it just puts a pretty gui over something 5 lines in a bash script could accomplish (much like the aircrack guis do).
I wrote the aircrack gui and I think it was the same reason as him. I just did it to learn a bit of python and PyQt. I released a script first, but so many people had trouble that i just decided to have a go at a GUI

fAircrack (Aircrack GUI): Point-and-click pwnage for your N900
Now with John the Ripper integration

Posts: 1,187 | Thanked: 816 times | Joined on Apr 2010 @ Australia
How can we sent sms thru the net in Australia/Other countries????

I have tried, works well thru Sim but I pay all costs! :@

Edit:

Also!! How do I use the flash option?? I wanna test the flash sms on my phone.

Last edited by kingoddball; 2011-02-15 at 00:43.

Posts: 1,048 | Thanked: 979 times | Joined on Mar 2008 @ SF Bay Area
*facepalm* not exactly what I thought that dbus method would be used for... but it's fine : it won't be my Google Voice account that will be banned.

Good job xur17!

PS: Release so close to Valentines day. I see what you did there.
qgvnotify: Google voice and contacts notifier for diablo and maemo.

If you want to thank me, click the Thanks button.
If you'd like to thank my applications, vote to move them to extras.

Last edited by uvatbc; 2011-02-15 at 01:37.

Originally Posted by uvatbc View Post
*facepalm* not exactly what I thought that dbus method would be used for... but it's fine : it won't be my Google Voice account that will be banned.

Good job xur17!

PS: Release so close to Valentines day. I see what you did there.
Your dbus command to send messages using google voice made that part easier than getting sim based messages working.

I do agree that people need to be carefull about getting their google voice account banned. I have sent groups of 10 or so, but I would imagine sending hundreds or thousands would cause a problem. Just be carefull.

Originally Posted by kingoddball View Post
How can we sent sms thru the net in Australia/Other countries????

I have tried, works well thru Sim but I pay all costs! :@

Edit:

Also!! How do I use the flash option?? I wanna test the flash sms on my phone.
I am planning on adding the ability to send messages via emails (so it would be free), but I have to figure out what the best way is to implement that.

The flash option is also on the todo list. The creator of smssend mentioned that he will add that, so I will probably wait until he adds that.

smssend has flash support.

Anybody has been able to use `watch -n20 "smssend $arguments"` for a long time now.

The Following User Says Thank You to hawaii For This Useful Post: