Notices

Posts: 67 | Thanked: 24 times | Joined on Dec 2009 @ Helsinki Finland
Erminig produces double events. I'm using Thunderbird Lightning on PC with Zindus to sync with gmail calendar. I added an event on gmail and now erminig shows event two times in N900. Any idea why?

Originally Posted by slender View Post
Hi I installed erminig (0.2.9) and looks like my icons are broken. Any hints what to do.
I can confirm that the icons are missing. There are missing these icons: the first (add new account), fourth (synchronize both) and fifth (remove account). But these icons are missing after the upgrade to new 1.2 firmware, not after an upgrade to 0.2.9. I have quickly looked at the code in the phone (sorry, but I don't know Python) and it seems to me that there are used some shared icons there even if the icons are in /usr/share/erminig/pixmaps. For instance for the third icon the full path to .png file is specified and the icon gets rendered.

Posts: 479 | Thanked: 641 times | Joined on Dec 2007 @ Switzerland
Originally Posted by tomas.kukol View Post
I can confirm that the icons are missing. There are missing these icons: the first (add new account), fourth (synchronize both) and fifth (remove account). But these icons are missing after the upgrade to new 1.2 firmware, not after an upgrade to 0.2.9. I have quickly looked at the code in the phone (sorry, but I don't know Python) and it seems to me that there are used some shared icons there even if the icons are in /usr/share/erminig/pixmaps. For instance for the third icon the full path to .png file is specified and the icon gets rendered.
There's a bug report open for the missing icons, and the only icon shown in PR1.2 is an icon which is not part of standard "stock" icons of GTK. Apparently in PR1.2 either the names of the stock icons changed, or they are simply not shipped anymore.

To correct that I will probably always include all icons within the Erminig package.

Thanks for making this program, having multiple calendars synced from Google is a great thing. I'm looking forward to the fix with recurring events as I have quite a few of those.

Keep up the good job!

Do you think that you can provide an update for the sports calendar sync in the next days (World Cup will start on coming Friday)?
Would be nice

Originally Posted by DaSilva View Post
Do you think that you can provide an update for the sports calendar sync in the next days (World Cup will start on coming Friday)?
Would be nice
Unfortunately it looks like it's not possible to sync sports calendar. Here's what I found on Google's site (http://www.google.com/support/calend...answer=37098):

Keep in mind that it's not possible to sync sports calendars with other calendar applications at this time.

I'm really sorry for that...

The Following User Says Thank You to lorelei For This Useful Post:
Hi! Today I noticed that my calendars has not been synchronized in the morning. I opened erminig and pressed the button to sync all calendars but nothing happens.

Next I opened a console and entered the command 'erminig --sync-all' and erminig came back with 'CaptchaRequired('Captcha Required',)' for every calendar.

What does this mean and what can I do to make erminig sync again?

Originally Posted by jehan View Post
Hi! Today I noticed that my calendars has not been synchronized in the morning. I opened erminig and pressed the button to sync all calendars but nothing happens.

Next I opened a console and entered the command 'erminig --sync-all' and erminig came back with 'CaptchaRequired('Captcha Required',)' for every calendar.

What does this mean and what can I do to make erminig sync again?
Did you change your Google password recently? Or did you mistype it several times in the web interface?

Just to be sure, I would try to log-in from the web interface once, and then retry with Erminig.

Originally Posted by lorelei View Post
Did you change your Google password recently? Or did you mistype it several times in the web interface?

Just to be sure, I would try to log-in from the web interface once, and then retry with Erminig.
I havn't changed anything and I even didn't used google contacts via the web interface. Anyway ... today syncing with erminig works again.

Maybe a google problem.

Posts: 22 | Thanked: 5 times | Joined on May 2010 @ Slovenia
lorelei, is it possible to push a little fix for the recurring events error to the repository? At the moment, Erminig quits when it processes such event, but that means that any other from the same calendar don't get synced, too. I'm able to live without some events, but this renders the whole calendar useless. So, my idea is that when Erminig fails with this error, it could just skip to the next event in the calendar, instead of stopping completely. I'm fairly certain this shouldn't be too hard, and it's a decent solution until you come up with a complete fix.

Tags
erminig, erminig-ng, ernie nig, google calendar, google sync, synchronization