Banned | Posts: 706 | Thanked: 296 times | Joined on May 2010
Originally Posted by PradaBrada View Post
would you like any fries with that? maybe a quick wipe as Nokia pulls out?
I guess Android is big and black for you

Originally Posted by ericsson View Post
It is a perfect design. It is a perfect balance of HW, UI, materials and looks. The price will also be perfect I am told. Further, the OS is cool, it is Nokia, the Swipe paradigm is ingenious in its simplicity and powerful functionality. The materials makes it unbreakable (relatively speaking). It is the culmination of Nokias effort in making an OS and an UX that is advanced, open and intuitive. I am overly impressed, I seriously started to doubt Nokia, but they have really done it this time. I had hoped for U8500 and keyboard, but after seeing and reading about this device, I really don't care.

All in all, it is a true masterpiece in engineering (software and hardware) and in design, nothing less. Suddenly Android and iOS looks old and sedate.
The only thing that seems sedated here is you, palliatively speaking

Originally Posted by BigBadGuber! View Post
Obsession with spects, when N9 beats them not just what is under the hood, but HOW it delivers. You want some cheap android build phone go for it
Go back to 3210 if you aren't looking at specs

Posts: 227 | Thanked: 53 times | Joined on Feb 2008 @ Lyon, France
Originally Posted by stlpaul View Post
Also the same reason why I like stylus better than using my fingers.
Me too, but also because it's more precise to select text displayed in small fonts (I prefer small fonts to have more text on the screen).

But if the N9 can use the front camera for text input (e.g. with reliable lip reading, face gestures or whatever), perhaps I'll forget the lack of hardware keyboard.

Originally Posted by tissot View Post
Yeah i know the problems that Tegra 2 brings with the shockingly bad video playback. I already got ipad 2 so i'm kind on the edge if i will cancel the order. It's very possible that i need to wait for the next wave of 3.x tablets with some love to other SOC's.
Just feeling dirty with so many Apple products.
fair enough, forewarned is forearmed.

one thing that bugs me, as a cheapskate, is the ads in all the free android apps.

the logical answer is to buy android apps, which as an apple fan may be no problem for you. in which case all is good.

for myself, i am uncomfortable with building an investment in a particular platform given how limiting the walled garden is, so i would be irritated by the ads but too afraid of financial commitment to buy the damn things.

fortunately for me i like kde/qt apps, so meego is a godsend, how you will solve the 'conundrum' is another matter entirely.

p.s. the kal-el chipset may solve the tablet problems, and in a tablet sized device ther is room to provide a decent enough battery to dodge the power issues.

I want to see these apparent next gen haptics that have been mentioned REPEATEDLY over the past few months!

The only way I will buy an N9 is if the haptics really do make the VKB amazing!

Then again, we could always just use a bluetooh keyboard for the N9

Maybe get something like they make for the iPhone 4, an attachable bluetooth keyboard that slides out, it only adds a little bit of thickness and the N9 is very thin as it is so it wouldnt be much of a difference

Lets see where this product goes, its still early days for it. Its got another 5 months to be released so hopefully we get a nice suprise from nokia when they talk more about the N9

N900 Died Replaced with N8, Requested E7, "Accidentally Broke E7", Now rolling with an N9 and im loving it!

My Contributions

N900 Conversations Wiki Page

The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to godofwar424 For This Useful Post:
Posts: 3,464 | Thanked: 5,107 times | Joined on Feb 2010 @ Gothenburg in Sweden
Originally Posted by stlpaul View Post
I would guess that there's a better chance of me waking up tomorrow as the Queen of England than of Nokia backporting harmattan to N900.
in a way it already has started in form of n900CE

Originally Posted by godofwar424 View Post
I want to see these apparent next gen haptics that have been mentioned REPEATEDLY over the past few months!

The only way I will buy an N9 is if the haptics really do make the VKB amazing!
No haptics for you!

This was a major bummer for me too. Just hate vkbds.

The Following User Says Thank You to zlatokosi For This Useful Post:
Posts: 3,464 | Thanked: 5,107 times | Joined on Feb 2010 @ Gothenburg in Sweden
Originally Posted by benny1967 View Post
Just realized how confusing the application launcher homescreen actually is when it's filled with many icons.

does anyone know: will there be a possibility (either out of the box as with symbian, or as a third party application like with the n900) to organize these applications in folders?
ask qmgil at meego.com harmattan thread

Posts: 1,513 | Thanked: 2,248 times | Joined on Mar 2006 @ US
Originally Posted by mikecomputing View Post
As far as I know atleast some of the UI is opensource? I have already take a look at the SDK and qt-components seems to be LGPL. However I am not sure if all UI is open, we should ask qmgil about this, but I am sure there will be a "community edition" of the device same way as N900 CE.
We've already talked to QGil. The Qt parts are open but the UI is not. It is the differentiator for the N9, and it is proprietary. But since the N9 is built on GNU/linux the closed UI can theoretically be replaced with an open UI.

The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to SD69 For This Useful Post:
Is N9 has 4G access?

Tags
disapoint, eflop, epic win!, laggy interface, n9 rox, so much win, wateriswet, who cares, whyyyyy??????