I was wondering if somebody could test SolarWolf on device? At the moment it doesn't start in SDK, but since python&scratchbox don't fit well together it just might work on device

Originally Posted by mikkov View Post
I was wondering if somebody could test SolarWolf on device? At the moment it doesn't start in SDK, but since python&scratchbox don't fit well together it just might work on device
Actually I think this bug is causing the problem https://bugs.maemo.org/show_bug.cgi?id=4782

Posts: 3,105 | Thanked: 11,088 times | Joined on Jul 2007 @ Mountain View (CA, USA)
Anybody looking after feedback to get an app ready for extras-testing: please open a new thread "XXXX for Fremantle" (in Applications? Fremantle? Development?...) and make sure you have an own product in bugs.maemo.org in order to get proper bug reports. Also make sure that introducing the name of you app in the command line is enough to boot it, otherwise provide instructions.

Thanks!

I can't guarantee testing for everybody but I will definitely give a try to the ones interesting me more (personally). Other Nokians with units for testing might help as well.

One exception, since I had downloaded SolarWolf this morning...

Originally Posted by mikkov View Post
It boots with the main screen and nice music even if an "Unable to load" banner appears. And this is all you get because the screen seems not to be responsive to clicks, or at least I can't select any of the options available. No game, not ready for extras-testing.

The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to qgil For This Useful Post:
Originally Posted by qgil View Post
It boots with the main screen and nice music even if an "Unable to load" banner appears. And this is all you get because the screen seems not to be responsive to clicks, or at least I can't select any of the options available. No game, not ready for extras-testing.
Then it works. It doesn't use touchscreen but d-pad on N8x0 but I am still assuming that there will be cursor keys.

Posts: 1,665 | Thanked: 1,649 times | Joined on Jun 2008 @ Praha, Czech Republic
Current SolarWolf from Fremantle Extras-Devel installs successfully from Application Manager on a Fremantle device.
After installing it is missing an icon in the app menu.
After starting it sound works and animation in the upper right corner too.
It took me a minute to realize that the five options do not have touchscreen support and that I probably have to use a keyboard.
The ↲ key (see your N810) does not work to choose any of the five options, only the Space key.

The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Andre Klapper For This Useful Post:
Posts: 3,105 | Thanked: 11,088 times | Joined on Jul 2007 @ Mountain View (CA, USA)
I see! Yes, it works. Cool.

Like Enigma and Horizon, you could make a good use of accelerometers. But please open a new thread (... or in Games? ) for further discussion.

Thanks Andre, qgil!

The ↲ key is one of those underdocumented issues even in N810 (which I don't have), which is why it doesn't work in many of the diablo games either.

Posts: 1,665 | Thanked: 1,649 times | Joined on Jun 2008 @ Praha, Czech Republic
If it's underdocumented, is there a bug report about that?

The Following User Says Thank You to Andre Klapper For This Useful Post:
probably not but since there is no SDL related documentation at all...

For those who are interested the ↲ key is not Enter as you might expect but Keypad Enter which is totally different key

Sampo has a cool eCoach Fremantle version running in his laptop:

http://www.bittivirta.com/temp/screenshots/
Look this! http://www.bittivirta.com/temp/scree...h_map_view.png

The new versions could be in extras-devel next week, he says. Cool!

The Following User Says Thank You to qgil For This Useful Post:

Tags
developers, fremantle