Notices

Posts: 162 | Thanked: 17 times | Joined on Jan 2010 @ United States - Saudi Arabia
Originally Posted by ajamils View Post
anything new ? Support for video chat?

No video chat

I would choose multiple logins(connected to msn from desktop and n900) to msn over video chat any day...

Originally Posted by Veix View Post
I would choose multiple logins(connected to msn from desktop and n900) to msn over video chat any day...
Why ? What advantage to get from multi login ???

Posts: 123 | Thanked: 33 times | Joined on Jan 2010 @ Stockholm
Why ? What advantage to get from multi login ???
Otherwise you can't use the account on more than one device. You'll have to bounce back and forth between the phone and the laptop (or wherever you have the protocol installed), and you never know which machine you're online on. Very annoying!

I nowadays rarely even start MSN/AIM/YIM on my computer, since it will make the bouncing start. Skype and GTalk handles this much better, always being simultaneously online on all machines where I have it installed. But MSN, AIM and YIM are all bouncing.

Video chat? Never used it so far (other than testing), and probably never will. Give me multiple logins!

Hi,
is there a posibility to include the whole contact information of my ICQ contacts to my N900 contacts, and not only ICQ# and nickname? It would be nice to have all Birthdays.

I have been unable to connect to my yahoo and msn for the last couple of days. Is anyone else havihg this problem?

Banned | Posts: 291 | Thanked: 60 times | Joined on Dec 2009
Originally Posted by etuoyo View Post
I have been unable to connect to my yahoo and msn for the last couple of days. Is anyone else havihg this problem?
Works well for me, just used it last night via pidgen

I've been having exactly the same problem as etuoyo. MSN login simply started failing couple of days ago.

maybe its just me but i do not any advantage of multi login after all u'll only have a conversation at one place at a time.

Posts: 123 | Thanked: 33 times | Joined on Jan 2010 @ Stockholm
maybe its just me but i do not any advantage of multi login after all u'll only have a conversation at one place at a time.
Yup, but without multiple logins, you'll never know where you have them. Then someone will be talking to you on the phone in the bedroom, but you're sitting at the computer in the living room, so you don't see the conversation until hours later. The next day someone tries to reach you at the computer in the living room, but you're at the office so you don't see it until hours later. Another day someone talks to you at the office computer, but you're on a business trip to another city, so you won't see it until the next day.

I don't want to have to choose machine all the time. All machines should always be online, so people can reach me wherever I am. Since multiple logins don't work, I've stopped using MSN on computers and only use it on my phone. That means less connection stability, less features, lousy keyboard and a bunch of other drawbacks compared to the computers, and I still miss conversations when the phone is left in some other room, but at least I'm not bouncing back and forth as the MSN clients compete for the only connection.

Last edited by Palleman; 2010-02-15 at 07:50.

Tags
aim, client, facebook, fremantle, fring, googletalk, haze, icq, implementing msn, instant message, instant messaging, jabber, maemo, maemo 5, msn, pidgin, purple, sametime, skype, telepathy, y!m, yahoo