Notices

Posts: 20 | Thanked: 6 times | Joined on Dec 2009 @ finland
How can I get rid of error messages after alarmed have run command "/usr/bin/erminig -a 2>/dev/null 1>&1"? I still get it everytime, even if it should have been fixed in the version that I am currently running, naturally the latest.

Should I remove erminig and then remove all configs and .erminig*-files in order to be sure that I am running the latest version? Actually the fix seems to be on /usr/bin/erminig, but still?

Apart the error message, it seems to doing the sync, so I am happy with the rest.

BR,
nibbe

Posts: 74 | Thanked: 25 times | Joined on Jan 2010 @ Hong Kong, CHINA
Originally Posted by nibbe View Post
How can I get rid of error messages after alarmed have run command "/usr/bin/erminig -a 2>/dev/null 1>&1"?
"1>&1" makes no sense; you can drop it.

Are you getting error dialog boxes popping up? See my post way back in this thread about the -d option and patching erminig to make it work fully.

I assume u mean this:

"I had the same problem. There are less than a handful of places in the code where it calls some gtk exception reporting class - just add an "if not <-d set>" test to them."

Can u give me an example how line should look after adding "if not <-d set>" to the code?

BR,
nibbe

Posts: 89 | Thanked: 52 times | Joined on Jan 2010 @ London, UK
Originally Posted by mdengler View Post
"1>&1" makes no sense; you can drop it.

Are you getting error dialog boxes popping up? See my post way back in this thread about the -d option and patching erminig to make it work fully.
I'm wondering if instead of 2>/dev/null 1>&1, it was a typo and originally meant "2>/dev/null 1>&2". Although if so, ">/dev/null 1>&2" is slightly shorter. That cuts out all output to the stdout and stderr streams that you would see in the terminal.

I assume u mean this:

"I had the same problem. There are less than a handful of places in the code where it calls some gtk exception reporting class - just add an "if not <-d set>" test to them."

Can u give me an example how line should look after adding "if not <-d set>" to the code?

BR,
nibbe

I can't find any better source code repo than this:

https://thomas.apestaart.org/thomas/...?rev=1705#L103

...and I meant to change the code to be like this:

http://pastie.org/1654142

...which is basically a new line at 103 and a change to the indenting of line 104 (old line 103).

I haven't tested that change; I think I just commented out the error_win.display(...) line because I never want to see it (I run erminig frequently and don't care about transient connection-related errors).

I tried that code snippet, but not luck. It claims about unindents that don't match... Also tried to comment those, but still I get error messages... So am I getting error messages from somewhere else than google-connction itself? At least I tend to have some "strange until values" on log produced by erminig.

If GUI-error messages are raised by those, how I can deprecate those?

I tried that code snippet, but not luck. It claims about unindents that don't match
Well, then you or I made a mistake See if you can make them match

... Also tried to comment those
"those"? I only mentioned one line.

am I getting error messages from somewhere else than google-connction itself?
Probably. grep for the messages you're seeing in the /usr/share/erminig/* files and see if there are other places you'll want to comment out...

At least I tend to have some "strange until values" on log produced by erminig.
I see those too; usually on recurring or all-day items. I'm not sure what problems that causes but I seem to sync fine despite those.

If GUI-error messages are raised by those, how I can deprecate those?[/QUOTE]

Hi,

I am running pr 1.3 no additional changes to the kernel or other main config.

Just had a problem with having changed my gmail password.

Trying to "Edit Account" I get

Code:
Traceback (most recent call last):
  File "/opt/maemo/usr/share/erminig/settings_ui.py", line 33, edit_google_acct(widget=<hildon.Button object at 0x41e07c38 (HildonButton at 0x542ca0)>, data=<hildon.Dialog object at 0x41e07a08 (HildonDialog at 0x53f9d0)>)
    def edit_google_acct(widget, data):
      id = get_google_acct_id()
      account = google_accounts.get_account_by_id(id)
  variables: {'id': ('builtin', <built-in function id>), 'get_google_acct_id': ('global', <function get_google_acct_id at 0x4142eab0>)}
  File "/opt/maemo/usr/share/erminig/settings_ui.py", line 12, get_google_acct_id()
            (model, iter) = ts.get_selected()
            return model.get_value(iter, 0)
  variables: {'model.get_value': ('local', <built-in method get_value of gtk.ListStore object at 0x41e07aa8>), 'iter': ('local', None)}
TypeError: iter must be a GtkTreeIter
I uninstalled and reinstalled and had same problem. I could only clear it by deleting .erminig.db in the home account. Is there any other config file that I should have vi'ed? instead of the rm erminig.db as this was quite drastic and I had to do a bit of manual tidying of duplicated events after re-install.

Lorelei, thanks for good work on Erminig-NG. I am using it and I am almost happy however you know the way you can have your calendar 'shared' with someonelse.

In Google Calendar you might have, let's say, two calendars: yours, the main one in blue and another one, the shared one, coloured in pink.

As you know you can define new calendars using 'Settings' and you can define there their colours and visibility but I remind you that only N900 would be marked with 'syncronised' and the rest would be 'Local' type calendars.

As you know, in Erminig-NG you can define how many 'calendar profiles' you want. i.e: two calendar google accounts from/to where you can syncronise your calendar.

How we can associate different colours to different calendars syncronised to/from two calendar google accounts? It would make more sense to have differentiate them using different colours in let's say, Home Calendar Widget by Nicolai, as Google is doing it

Enjoy the weekend,
Stefan

Just curious, but am I the only one who had the alarm setting for the calendar set to 0 minutes after a sync? I only just started using it.

Tags
erminig, erminig-ng, ernie nig, google calendar, google sync, synchronization