Posts: 194 | Thanked: 172 times | Joined on Jan 2011 @ Sydney, Australia
Originally Posted by zlatokosi View Post
Look man, I respect you have no respect for my opinions.

However, I don't respect that you can't respect people who don't respect your opinions. And then make them seem like facts when they're not.

There is no wrong here. Ok?
When a bunch of neckbeards congregate, share a grossly inaccurate opinion amongst each other and, emboldened by each other's "correctness", adopt a progressively more and more strident and militaristic approach to said opinion, there is something wrong there.

The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to keflex For This Useful Post:
Originally Posted by kanishou View Post
You get icons on the always-on display. Much nicer than a blinking light.

thanks for the response! but i have to disagree. if the handy is away from me on a table, there is no way i will see the display, the blinking light however is a great feature. small things like these (no fm radio + transmitter, no customizable desktops) make the n9 rather uninteresting.

The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Raubtier For This Useful Post:
Originally Posted by buchanmilne View Post
All this is there, covered in the available material from Nokia. Please, go read it if you haven't.

These shouldn't be necessary anyway, otherwise the hardware is inadequate, which it doesn't seem to be based on the videos people have put up so far.
Hmm, I thought a lot of Kernel modules are available under Power Kernel that aren't available under the vanilla PR1.3 one? I'm thinking this enables things like joydev/Sixaxis support. I might be wrong though - but I would still very much like to be able to overclock and/or pair a PS3 controller for emulators!

Posts: 4,365 | Thanked: 2,467 times | Joined on Jan 2010 @ Australia Mate

Posts: 1,885 | Thanked: 2,008 times | Joined on Aug 2009 @ OVI MAPS
Originally Posted by tissot View Post
That's a great video indeed.
Finally somebody shows a bit more of the apps.

Got a say that if there ever was a phone that would benefit from a dual core, it's this as on the N900 the multitasking is in the very core of the UI.
Because it seems lighter than Android when moving qround the UI, but as the multitasking is live and you get stuff like browser and maps at the same time +2 more lighter apps it gets noticebly slower.

I guess this one also needs some overclocking love to around 1.3ghz to make that couple of more apps.
only time i saw lag and slowdown was when it was indexing the added icon short cut in the grid for that website. it went back to normal fast self as soon as it finished adding.
this is still not final firmware so hope they can still improve that.

Ag-a-doo-doo-doo, push pineapple, shake the tree
Aga-doo-doo-doo, push pineapple, grind coffee
To the left, to the right, jump up and down and to the knees

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=POv-3yIPSWc

Posts: 3,790 | Thanked: 5,718 times | Joined on Mar 2006 @ Vienna, Austria
Originally Posted by keflex View Post
So the N9 has a lot of characteristics you all dislike. THE WORLD IS NOT FULL OF PEOPLE LIKE YOU. GET OVER IT.
Will one of those people pay for my phone?

The Following User Says Thank You to benny1967 For This Useful Post:
Posts: 4,365 | Thanked: 2,467 times | Joined on Jan 2010 @ Australia Mate
the more I see the more I like it. REAL shame it has no qwerty kb

Originally Posted by keflex View Post
When a bunch of neckbeards congregate, share a grossly inaccurate opinion amongst each other and, emboldened by each other's "correctness", adopt a progressively more and more strident and militaristic approach to said opinion, there is something wrong there.
Please do share my grossly inaccurate opinions, please.

And don't do it with statements such as:
It's much better marketing-wise to advertise "polycarbonate unibody" than it is to advertise "removable battery".

That's not really a great argument on this board, that's more of an excuse. Why? Go back and read the thread, find the posts, and let's discuss, in a polite manner, what's wrong with our opinions.

Is that militaristic enough for you?

another thing that baffles me: we had an epic thread on how there was no new flash on the n900....now after years a new device come out...without flash...

thats a joke...but a bad one..

and why not implement nice features like voice recognition to type sms/emails for you?

Last edited by Raubtier; 2011-06-22 at 11:10.

The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Raubtier For This Useful Post:
Posts: 1,427 | Thanked: 2,077 times | Joined on Aug 2009 @ Sydney
Originally Posted by tissot View Post
Because it seems lighter than Android when moving qround the UI, but as the multitasking is live and you get stuff like browser and maps at the same time +2 more lighter apps it gets noticebly slower.

I guess this one also needs some overclocking love to around 1.3ghz to make that couple of more apps.
I agree. You can clearly see that it could benefit from a faster CPU. Especially in the Maps! It looks really choppy when rotating around with 3D buildings etc. More powerful CPU also means faster loading times. Even in my video, you can see that the loading of apps can't catch up quick enough and starts showing signs of "doing nothing for a few seconds" when you click on an App icon after a few apps. Also, the bootup time from power-off takes nearly double that of SGS2. I wish they used STE 8500. It would have made N9's OS look and perform even better. I guess we have to hope that we can overclock it to at least 1.5GHz.

Oh yeah, and the thing about flash. My N900, N8, E7 can all display flash. N9? Nope. Lucky I had my N900 to watch the keynote yesterday as I would not have been if I only had the N9.

Last edited by jakiman; 2011-06-22 at 10:27.

The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to jakiman For This Useful Post:

Tags
disapoint, eflop, epic win!, laggy interface, n9 rox, so much win, wateriswet, who cares, whyyyyy??????