Notices

Posts: 3,811 | Thanked: 1,151 times | Joined on Oct 2007 @ East Lansing, MI
Most telnet/ssh servers do the coloring automatically.

Posts: 1,359 | Thanked: 717 times | Joined on May 2009 @ ...standing right behind you...
Hm, I did tf 3k.org 23 in xterm and connected fine to the server...but I am not getting the flurry of colors that you are getting. I tried roxterm as well but kinda the same there. Tell me your secret now!
AutoScan, Diablo5 Theme, Dialcentral, DragLock, EmelFM2, FlipClock, gPodder, Headphoned, Knots 2, Maemo Mapper, mPlayer, openNTPD, OpenSSH, Panucci, Personal Launcher, QuickNote, Seqretary, SlideLock, Telescope, YellowNotes

I don't dude, I think it has always been automatiic for me.

Oh wait, sorry.

I've always installed bash2 from the app manager.

It's excellent and I don't think there's a single person here who would not recommend it.

Posts: 1,359 | Thanked: 717 times | Joined on May 2009 @ ...standing right behind you...
Originally Posted by Addison View Post
Oh wait, sorry.

I've always installed bash2 from the app manager.

It's excellent and I don't think there's a single person here who would not recommend it.
Thanks

Installed Bash2. Set it as default shell. I am now getting some green, etc colors on the command line prompt - but no colors when going into the game 3k.org as an example. Odd and not really seeing what Bash2 is all about apart from the few colors on the command line prompt. Will do some research tomorrow.
AutoScan, Diablo5 Theme, Dialcentral, DragLock, EmelFM2, FlipClock, gPodder, Headphoned, Knots 2, Maemo Mapper, mPlayer, openNTPD, OpenSSH, Panucci, Personal Launcher, QuickNote, Seqretary, SlideLock, Telescope, YellowNotes

Last edited by silvermountain; 2010-05-16 at 10:06.

Oi peeps!

It seems that I am unable to find TinyFugue using the application manager even though I've activated both Devel and Testing. Was wondering if it's still available there or if I should grab it from somewhere else (like here in this thread)?

Posts: 992 | Thanked: 738 times | Joined on Jun 2010 @ Low Earth Orbit
I can see it in extras-devel - v5.0b8-maemo2.

And suddenly, it magically appears

Just installed it and it runs nicely.

I have a preconfigured .tfrc saved on the internal memory (not micro-sd). I don't know how to move it so tinyfugue will read it.

How does the phone in terminal mode interact with the internal memory? Can I create a soft link from the /home/user directory to the internal memory?

Sorry, by internal memory I mean the emmc memory (the 32 gigs). I can get to that easily using a usb cable, but I can't get to the nand memory (obviously I don't want to be messing with that over usb). It's just it seems all the useful directories are in the nand memory and I don't know how, once in xterminal, to access the emmc memory.

I hope that's not too disjointed, I'm running on little sleep after playing with my new phone way too much!

Originally Posted by eachna View Post
Just installed it and it runs nicely.

I have a preconfigured .tfrc saved on the internal memory (not micro-sd). I don't know how to move it so tinyfugue will read it.
I created a fresh .tfrc file in my home directory and pointed it to the .tfrc on my emmc memory (figured out the reason I couldn't see the files on emmc memory was that I was connected via USB to my PC, which unmounted that portion of the memory). Much of it is working. It's really nice to ssh in and run tf from the shell. This gives me a full-sized keyboard with all the fun of my *nix environment when using outside Windoze machines.