Posts: 1,091 | Thanked: 323 times | Joined on Feb 2010 @ ~
Originally Posted by SakkeMO View Post
Is there any version with two extra shoulder buttons like for psx as example? Anyways that looks awesome and im gonna order one at payday if they can be chipped to finland at reasonable price
You would probably be better off with a PS3 controller or a Wii remote + Classic controller. Most games should still be playable though, especially GB / GBC / GBA / NES / SMS / SMG games which don't use that many keys.

Originally Posted by ToJa92 View Post
You would probably be better off with a PS3 controller or a Wii remote + Classic controller. Most games should still be playable though, especially GB / GBC / GBA / NES / SMS / SMG games which don't use that many keys.
I have the PS3 controller for when I do TV out - just bought one of these for on the go
Agro ... : |*****-----] Relic(s) : G1, N900

Originally Posted by Bratag View Post
I have the PS3 controller for when I do TV out - just bought one of these for on the go
Yeah, I use a Wiimote + Classic Controller while at home, but as you said this should work nicely for most things on the go(though PSX and N64 will probably be though to play).

Posts: 75 | Thanked: 12 times | Joined on Jul 2010 @ Finland
i mean that there would be only the buttons, no need to be placed as shoulder buttons, just be there somewhere...

but i think i go with the ps3 controller, once i find it cheap somewhere.

Posts: 173 | Thanked: 72 times | Joined on Mar 2010 @ Denmark
So does anybody have an idea of the keyboard buttons can be damaged by too much use etc? I know it really depends on the usage, but I guess its possible?

i bought myself a new original keypad. about USD15 bucks. i've already damaged mine (2 keys have started peeling; no doubt from too much gaming hehe). you can find a youtube video on disassembling the n900. pretty straight forward swap.

here's my observation on the peeling issue: once it starts to peel, it is very prone to continue peeling. you can literally peel off the coating with your finger nail with very little effort. however, before it is compromised, it is actually quite difficult to peel the coating off. from the looks of it, gamegripper's buttons are rubbery so i don't expect this to be an issue. my issue started because at certain times (due to a hot level in a game!!), my fingernail would come in contact with the keys.

Last edited by droll; 2010-08-03 at 17:57.

The Following User Says Thank You to droll For This Useful Post:
incidentally, is there any specification / documentation somewhere which tells us how many keys we can depress at a time on the n900's keyboard and still have it register ALL keypresses before it starts to jam (like on a PC keyboard)?

Originally Posted by SakkeMO View Post
i mean that there would be only the buttons, no need to be placed as shoulder buttons, just be there somewhere...

but i think i go with the ps3 controller, once i find it cheap somewhere.
Most cheap controllers use RF via an USB receiver, so keep that in mind.

Posts: 173 | Thanked: 72 times | Joined on Mar 2010 @ Denmark
Personally, peeling is no big issue for me, I am more afraid that they are becomming unuseable.

Yeah, I use a Wiimote + Classic Controller while at home, but as you said this should work nicely for most things on the go(though PSX and N64 will probably be though to play).
How did you get the Classic Controller to work?