Originally Posted by Bec View Post
Yes but no but yes but no but... *yawn*... N900, no more buts - it just works out of the box.

Did you guys hear a bout apple wanting to watermark jailbroken phones? There's going to be some kind of watermark on your screen at at all times if you jailbreak it.

Only a rumor of course.

Oh and if you guys really really want a list ow what iPhone can't do...
Useful little list, and anything that the N900 falls into on that list can be fixed with an app

I still fail to see why so many people slate the device. I love mine, it works, and does what it says on the tin.

Posts: 4,384 | Thanked: 5,524 times | Joined on Jul 2007 @ ˙ǝɹǝɥʍou
@Bec: Yeah, you can just answer straight 'no no no no no' for the N900, unless the proper app/workaround/hack is implemented.

Originally Posted by teh View Post
Useful little list, and anything that the N900 falls into on that list can be fixed with an app
Oh, so you're putting "there's an app for that" on N900 too?

I still fail to see why so many people slate the device. I love mine, it works, and does what it says on the tin.
People have different standard
Agro ... : [###-------] | Relic(s) : iPhone 4S, Atrix, Milestone, N900, N800, N95, HTC G1, Treos, Zauri, BB 9000, BB 9700, etc

Follow the MeeGo Coding Competition!

Posts: 857 | Thanked: 362 times | Joined on Feb 2009 @ London
Any progress on porting Maemo 5 to the iPhone 4?
Debian has been run on it

Originally Posted by ysss View Post
@Bec: Yeah, you can just answer straight 'no no no no no' for the N900, unless the proper app/workaround/hack is implemented.
Suppose I could but then there's quick painless and easy download via the app manager that can neither brick nor void warranty

So far N900 is as straight forward as it gets.

Posts: 4,384 | Thanked: 5,524 times | Joined on Jul 2007 @ ˙ǝɹǝɥʍou
Originally Posted by Bec View Post
Suppose I could but then there's quick painless and easy download via the app manager that can neither brick nor void warranty

So far N900 is as straight forward as it gets.
Oh yeah? here's a simple one...

What's the fix for the email client?

Last I heard, the good solution involves manually installing a local imapd server (dovecot) and a polling service.
Agro ... : [###-------] | Relic(s) : iPhone 4S, Atrix, Milestone, N900, N800, N95, HTC G1, Treos, Zauri, BB 9000, BB 9700, etc

Follow the MeeGo Coding Competition!

Posts: 857 | Thanked: 362 times | Joined on Feb 2009 @ London
What's the fix for the email client?

Last I heard, the good solution involves manually installing a local imapd server (dovecot) and a polling service.
Just use it for notifications and use the browser lol

Posts: 1 | Thanked: 3 times | Joined on Feb 2010 @ Germany
I came in late in this thread, but to share my thought on it and the company (NOKIA)

Nokia 5110 was my very first phone, Ive always loved the sturdy phone, smashed it, dropped it, threw it against the wall, it still works minus the plastic face plate. 3210, 7110, Communicator, among 7 others including the Nokia 770 tablet -- Nokia was my brand.

The hardware I could not complain. The software is a piece of ****. I am a software architect and a consultant. I know how to market software and this is the complete opposite of what is to be done. (Many of you "command line" programmers and linux enthusiast wont be happy with this) -- but it is the truth. A phone this powerful and with so much potential shouldnt be marketted for a few highly technical people. Take for instance -- APPLE, GOOGLE and now MICROSOFT -- yea yea hold your skuffs and comments for later -- pure genious -- THEY GAVE THE PEOPLE WHAT THEY WANT -- an easy to use software with tonnes of applications.

This phone is way to buggy to be a mainstream phone. It cant even receive a phone call when its online with its own IM software. (before you start ripping me a new one, I did everything..uninstall...reflash etc etc and nokia customer service says "dont use the IM if you want to receive a phone call" --- well geee sherlock thanks --- ******.

Dont get me wrong, I still love my N990, everyone asks what it is, but It cant go toe to toe with the Iphone or Droid on moment where it should shine -- where is the nearest starbucks? --- lets drive to that club...I got navigation...

Even if it is step 4 of 5, Nokia lost more of its customer base and lost the US and Asian Market, it is only here in Europe where Nokia products still hold the premier viewing tables at phone shops - and that is disappearing quickly as well. Nokia better pull it head out of its ***, hopefully this new CEO has got the brains to steer it to the right direction.

The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to benpenjr For This Useful Post:
Very misleading title, I tried and no-matter what I did (even gave a sip of vodka) N900 did not suck.

The Following User Says Thank You to somedude For This Useful Post:
Posts: 330 | Thanked: 97 times | Joined on Dec 2010 @ saudi arabia
no GIF support! haha

i am not a dev or progammer, im a 20 year old guy, studying engineering... and bought this phone for 800 dollars ... and i do agree the software isnt good as the apple and other.. but ... its more than that ! its a computer ! i have 64 GB (32gb memory card) i have USB H-E-N i use it to connet all other usb device... just like my laptop ! i can control my xbox360, and can also use it for ps3, and all tv's to control them from ir, then i have this media player which is a bit slow and buggy.. but DAM it COULD PLAY ALL movies... avi.. divx... mpeg.. u know that ! i got decent tv out, decent 2 speakers.. and best of all i got ****ING SKYPE !!! and a AWESOME KEYBOARD FOR texting and mms !!!!!!! the camera is soo awesome... perfect pic's.. and the video is also preety resonable...... then talk about quality.. i droped it on hard marble.. reallllyyyy badd........ it survived... not even a scratch.. i made it wet.. im in (canada frefericton) made it soke in my un-water prof pocket.... and also can be over clocked...

seriously... what the **** esle u want ????????????????

The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to zikmir For This Useful Post:

Tags
close me please, cry me a river, delete me, old thread, worstthreadever