Notices

Lol, i know you play it for nostalgia, but I'd like other games than Quake 3 which has good graphics.

Originally Posted by LordNelson View Post
And don't think that it would run very well anyway so this would be a waste of time in my opinion
No i didn't mean to run it with Maximum details, gfx like hardware accelerated Quake II is good enough, textures a bit blurry though. I still appreciate your work!

Question, what audio formats does the stock libsdl-mixer support vs. the custom one? This custom one is causing me some package management issues.

Last edited by GameboyRMH; 2010-05-18 at 17:22.

Posts: 28 | Thanked: 42 times | Joined on Nov 2009 @ Germany
Originally Posted by GameboyRMH View Post
Question, what audio formats does the stock libsdl-mixer support vs. the custom one? This custom one is causing me some package management issues.
The default one doesn't support OGG/Vorbis and mp3, so the Jukebox is rather useless. The mp3-support in my build doesn't have any hardware-acceleration though afaik, but it's better than nothing...
The rebuild was done in 5 minutes to try out the Jukebox so it's rather experimental and may cause problems. What issues did you have, dependencies?

The Following User Says Thank You to LordNelson For This Useful Post:
Yeah if I tried to install anything with apt-get, I got the error that mp-fremantle-002-pr depends on libsdl-mixer1.2 where the version equals 1:1.2.6-5+0m5.

Reinstalling the stock libsdl-mixer from a .deb fixed the issue.

Cannot get accelerometer to work. Upgraded to -power34 kernel and d1x-rebirth does not work anymore at all, just black screen, rm -rf .d1x-rebirth does not help :-(

UPD: just ignore this, reboot fixed the problem

Last edited by arkanoid; 2010-05-20 at 22:34.

Hey just thought I'd share these keybindings I came up with while playing on a BT keyboard, but I discovered they work quite well with the N900's keyboard as well:

Pitch/Yaw: IJKL
Roll L/R: U/O
Slide (strafe): WASD
Forward/Reverse: E/Q

Fire primary: Space
Fire Secondary: C
Flare: F
Bomb: B

Posts: 28 | Thanked: 42 times | Joined on Nov 2009 @ Germany
Released a new version that works with PR 1.2, can't get it into extras-devel though, so you have to get it from garage up to now.
Looks like OpenGL ES 1 support was dropped with PR 1.2, at least the dev-packages are missing. Will see how this can be fixed when I have some time...

I installed the version from extras-devel after PR1.2 and it works fine...

Awesome, get the accelerometer control working as well as midi support. Getting the midis working was as simple as installing the duke nukem timidity package and then moving the midis to /opt/d1x-rebirth/music. I didn't even have to make any changes in the game, it just worked.

Now all I need to do is master the controls, the accelerometer is too sensitive.