Originally Posted by REMFwhoopitydo View Post
http://www.mobilephonesdirect.co.uk/...insurance.aspx
A great help, thanks. I have called them an cancelled the insurance. They were very helpful on the phone and did say that I could use the 3 free months then cancel if I wanted. I just removed insurance from the order anyway as I would probably forget to do so later.

I also asked when they expected stock of the N900 and the response was late Oct early Nov... eek. Hope it's not pushed back as far as Nov!

Posts: 716 | Thanked: 303 times | Joined on Sep 2009 @ Sheffield, UK
Just applied for the T-Mobile Combi 20, 200 minutes is about right for me, 100 would just not be enough.

As I still have about 8 months of my O2 contract left I will probably switch SIM cards and use that for data, then swap back and possibly just add Web n Walk as an extra at that point. No point having data on both contracts as only one will need it.

It may even be cheaper to use it on £1/day option anyway. If you mostly use data over WiFi then as long as you use it less than 8 days a month on the network data service, its cheaper than having Web n Walk.

The Following User Says Thank You to Alex Atkin UK For This Useful Post:
I've just gone on the site to have a look at this deal and the T-Mobile ~£30 per month contract has gone!

Damnit I knew I took too long deciding!

Had just registered to say I was thinking of getting this since my current contract is due to run out!

I'll still ask though, as a long time Nokia N series user (N70,N95 8Gb are my last two phones), is there anything I should be aware of that I might have missed regarding the N900. I know it can't currently do MMS (though I saw a post yesterday about being able to send them via email but can't for the life of me find the post now!!), but I just want to make sure I'm not missing anything obvious.

Absolutely gutted to have now missed this offer, please tell me if I'm being a plonker, and have clicked somewhere wrong! If this offer had ended I'd have thought a few more people would have posted by now.

{Edit} Apologies, I clicked the link in the first post, which took me to a page that didn't show the T-Mobile deal. Luckily I sent this link to my friend the other day and clicking that shows the T-Mobile deal.

http://www.mobilephonesdirect.co.uk/...47/p26078.aspx

So before I go ahead and order is there anything you think I should know either about Maemo 5, N900 OR mobilephonesdirect (who I've never used before!)

Last edited by Dexter1759; 2009-09-25 at 11:49.

Sorry to double post, but just spoke to someone from MobilePhonesDirect and asked when they were expecting the N900 will be available for dispatch and this is the reply I got:

Webshop Customer Help says:
we have just been told by our head office it is due on november 1st, we will only start the contract on teh day of dispatch

The Following User Says Thank You to Dexter1759 For This Useful Post:
Well it doesn't have FM radio support built in, but it apparently does have the hardware so I don't know if this'll be a case of waiting for someone to hack support for it.

Also the lack of ubiquitous ASR (automatic screen rotation) is a bit annoying.

There's a few things. In general I'd say the possibilities the N900 offer are greater than that of a Symbian N Series device.

Originally Posted by Dead1nside View Post
Well it doesn't have FM radio support built in, but it apparently does have the hardware so I don't know if this'll be a case of waiting for someone to hack support for it.

Also the lack of ubiquitous ASR (automatic screen rotation) is a bit annoying.

There's a few things. In general I'd say the possibilities the N900 offer are greater than that of a Symbian N Series device.
Thanks for the reply, I'm aware of the ASR (which doesn't bother me too much - plus im sure that'll be either added by Nokia eventually or hacked in by the community) didn't know about the Radio. I know it has a transmitter (which is a big plus for me!), luckily I don't use the radio receiver that much so, again doesn't bother me.

Does anyone know what post I was on about with regards to the MMS work around, I simply cannot find it (I thought I'd bookmarked it), it had links to a website showing the email suffix's for each mobile operator.

Many thanks, again.

[Edit] Sorry, one more question I can't find the answer to, do we know if the N900 will have an iPlayer app like the other N series phones, or will the web browser be capable of using the iplayer website? In either case, will downloads be available?

Last edited by Dexter1759; 2009-09-25 at 13:40.

Posts: 2,121 | Thanked: 1,540 times | Joined on Mar 2008 @ Oxford, UK
Probably best to ask general questions about the N900 in another thread, and keep this one on-topic.

Sorry, I realise I went a little off topic. My excitement got the best of me! lol.

Posts: 3,397 | Thanked: 1,212 times | Joined on Jul 2008 @ Netherlands
Because I'm going to London soon and this is N900/UK thread I suppose it isn't too offtopic so I'd like to know is there any Nokia Shop in London which has verified a Nokia N900 demo model one can try out?

Posts: 754 | Thanked: 630 times | Joined on Sep 2009 @ London
Originally Posted by allnameswereout View Post
Because I'm going to London soon and this is N900/UK thread I suppose it isn't too offtopic so I'd like to know is there any Nokia Shop in London which has verified a Nokia N900 demo model one can try out?
I had called Nokia a week or 10 days before and they mentioned that they had no idea when a demo model would be available.
I will be going there this weekend, so planning to get a response personally

The Following User Says Thank You to krk969 For This Useful Post:

Tags
contract, n900