Notices

Posts: 3,074 | Thanked: 12,960 times | Joined on Mar 2010 @ Sofia,Bulgaria
Originally Posted by impeham View Post
I tried doing so and it works, but not so well since it takes a long time to start/stop the recording...

is there a way to make camera-ui-set-priortiy run when the camera-ui application starts/closes? i prefer the wait time to happen on application launch. this will make a super fast recording start
The thing that slows down start of recording is stopping the tracker. And it must be done on every start because tracker could be restarted between two recordings.

The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to freemangordon For This Useful Post:
Originally Posted by freemangordon View Post
The thing that slows down start of recording is stopping the tracker. And it must be done on every start because tracker could be restarted between two recordings.
Ok - thanks.
Is there a way then to start other things like my script for Wifi,BT,etc. on application launch and call another script on application closure?

Ok - thanks.
Is there a way then to start other things like my script for Wifi,BT,etc. on application launch and call another script on application closure?
Maybe you can listen to dbus, though you should find by yourself to which service/signals to attach, I simply don't know.

Hmm... tried that already but no good...

is there a way to run a script which will start my script, then run the camera-ui application (and wait for it to close) and then run another script?

i tried to do that running camera-ui using standalone.sh but it runs it as a background process which is not good (the second script runs immediately and doesn't wait for the application to close)

i also tried to create a while loop to wait for the camera-ui process to close and when it does - to run the second script but it is not good since the camera-ui process does not close when i quit the application...

Any other ideas will be great...

Hmm... tried that already but no good...

is there a way to run a script which will start my script, then run the camera-ui application (and wait for it to close) and then run another script?

i tried to do that running camera-ui using standalone.sh but it runs it as a background process which is not good (the second script runs immediately and doesn't wait for the application to close)

i also tried to create a while loop to wait for the camera-ui process to close and when it does - to run the second script but it is not good since the camera-ui process does not close when i quit the application...

Any other ideas will be great...
camera-ui is always running in background, that is by design. So your dbus script should listen when it becomes visible and/or top application. And I think that is OT here.

Last edited by freemangordon; 2012-01-25 at 15:22.

I tried but no such events logged from dbus log.

Why is this OT? i believe it might improve video recording experience for many people since when you are doing that, you don't want to get any phone calls or emails/other notifications to interfere with the recordings.

Posts: 176 | Thanked: 190 times | Joined on Jun 2011 @ Italy
Could it be possible to add the possibility to switch to Front Camera (like in Samsung Galaxy S2) for recording and take pictures? I know that Front Camera has only 640x480px but it could be nice if someone:
1 - add a button to switch from back/front camera
2 - improve the front camera with all the applicable-realtime-improvement functions (like ISO for example) of the back camera

I remember that I could capture images and videos even with a N95 why not with a N900?

EDIT: We could take the code needed from "Mirror" application in Extras-Devel, it already shows in realtime from the front camera but there is no possibility to capture images ecc ecc.

Thanks a lot

Last edited by blackjack4it; 2012-02-02 at 21:45.

Read first post.
-
Camera cover MOD
-
Measure battery's real capacity on-device
-
TrueCrypt 7.1 | ereswap | bnf
-
Hardware's mods research is costly. To support my work, please consider donating. Thank You!

Originally Posted by nicolai View Post
@geohsia @Estel

Can you test this version. I removed the black-level values in
the dng file. This isn't right, but it seems to be responsible for
the bad raw data for lower light images.
Nicolai, any chances on applying this fix for CSSU-testing camera-ui version? It seems, that photos with this tweak are better in every condition.

/Estel

// Edit

Or was it added already, as exiftool reports:
Code:
Black Level    : 0 0 0 0
... for RAW images, shot by camera-ui 10 (latest CSSU-Testing)?

// Edit

Nicolai, I've also tested image from sunny day (yet, it was almost sunset), and it had Black Level: 25 29 12 25.

I've tested how it looks with Black Level: 0 0 0 0, and, obviously, it's much worse. So, enabling 0 black levels for all images may be not-so-good idea.
-
Camera cover MOD
-
Measure battery's real capacity on-device
-
TrueCrypt 7.1 | ereswap | bnf
-
Hardware's mods research is costly. To support my work, please consider donating. Thank You!

Last edited by Estel; 2012-02-04 at 13:06.

The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Estel For This Useful Post:
Posts: 1,107 | Thanked: 720 times | Joined on Mar 2007 @ Germany
Estel: It is a fact of the universe that poking at a box with a stick rarely improves its function.

nicolai: thanks for the interesting package. I hope to use it for reference.

Tags
camera-ui, fremantle