Posts: 1,878 | Thanked: 646 times | Joined on Sep 2007 @ San Jose, CA
Specs:

http://androidguys.com/2008/08/26/mo...ke-a-stick-at/

Design:

http://androidguys.com/2008/08/26/no...from-t-mobile/

Looks good. 5 row qwerty keyboard, even. Not sure if it'll have ALL of the apps I want (decent RSS reader, OpenSSH with port forwarding, VNC client being the 3 big ones that I don't see listed already), but it could be promising. It'll be interesting to see how it ends up competing against the N810, especially for the crowd that wants an N810 with a GSM/UMTS radio.

The only things I immediately see as being drawbacks are that the screen size and resolution are smaller than the N810. But, then, the device itself is also smaller.

Depending on the apps, I could easily see this replacing my E61i and N810 as my "in pocket" device(s). And if it tethers, then maybe carry a Samsung Q1 Ultra with Ubuntu Mobile, in my bag, for the rest of my mobile needs.

Posts: 5,335 | Thanked: 8,187 times | Joined on Mar 2007 @ Pennsylvania, USA
This is under active discussion in a thread in the Off-Topic forum.

Hm. When I was doing the title, it didn't come up in the search box. Besides, it should be in this forum, not the off-topic forum.

Posts: 1,605 | Thanked: 1,601 times | Joined on Mar 2007 @ Southern California
Originally Posted by johnkzin View Post
Hm. When I was doing the title, it didn't come up in the search box. Besides, it should be in this forum, not the off-topic forum.
Actually... Being that it's a phone... Hmmm...

-T.

Posts: 177 | Thanked: 68 times | Joined on Dec 2007 @ Phoenix
Ah if it doesn't run Vista I don't want it.

Originally Posted by timsamoff View Post
Actually... Being that it's a phone... Hmmm...
Yes, it's still a device that will compete with the NIT (at least, it will in my pocketbook; depending on a very few key add-ons (OpenSSH, VNC Viewer, and RSS), it could completely remove me from the NIT market).

So it is a "Competitor" and not "Off Topic".

Posts: 155 | Thanked: 11 times | Joined on Sep 2007 @ Canada
RAM is low and screen is small.
otherwise it is great.
with the help of others and my effort to google internet, I solved some confusions. this is my experience.

Originally Posted by jayden View Post
otherwise it is great.
I agree, both of those numbers worry me. But, until I have it my hand, I wont know if those are "enough to replace my N810", you know?

It may be that I'd be happier with a G1 in my hand and for quick/dirty things, and a Samsung Q1 Ultra with Ubuntu for things that are too big for the G1. With that combination, I'm not sure where I'd see the N810 fitting in anymore.

And, it may turn out that the G1's screen and RAM would be just enough for me to replace the N810 alone (without addressing whether or not I need to get the Samsung).

Posts: 1,605 | Thanked: 1,601 times | Joined on Mar 2007 @ Southern California
Originally Posted by johnkzin View Post
Yes, it's still a device that will compete with the NIT (at least, it will in my pocketbook; depending on a very few key add-ons (OpenSSH, VNC Viewer, and RSS), it could completely remove me from the NIT market).

So it is a "Competitor" and not "Off Topic".
I was...being a little...snarky there.

-T.

Originally Posted by jayden View Post
otherwise it is great.
They revised the RAM spec. It's 128MB, not 64MB.

A little better than the Nokia E71, and twice as good as the E61i (my current phone).