Guest | Posts: n/a | Thanked: 0 times | Joined on
So I've been fighting with Esbox and Glade (via the ubuntu maemosdk virtual image) all weekend and I'm all out of ideas. Here's the issue:

execfile(file, globals, locals) #execute the script
File "/home/maemo/workspace/pythonhildonhelloworld_/src/hello_world.py", line 28, in <module>
import gtk.glade
ImportError: No module named glade

Glade is installed, and can be imported using python in the command line:

Python 2.5.2 (r252:60911, Oct 5 2008, 19:24:49)
[GCC 4.3.2] on linux2
>>> import gtk.glade
>>> gtk.glade
<module 'gtk.glade' from '/var/lib/python-support/python2.5/gtk-2.0/gtk/glade.so'>

Locate glade.so gives the following results:
/scratchbox/users/maemo/targets/DIABLO_ARMEL/usr/lib/python2.5/site-packages/gtk-2.0/gtk/glade.so
/scratchbox/users/maemo/targets/DIABLO_X86/usr/lib/python2.5/site-packages/gtk-2.0/gtk/glade.so
/usr/lib/python-support/python-glade2/python2.4/gtk-2.0/gtk/glade.so
/usr/lib/python-support/python-glade2/python2.5/gtk-2.0/gtk/glade.so
/var/lib/python-support/python2.5/gtk-2.0/gtk/glade.so

Esbox is trying to interpret using FREMANTLE_X86, and whilst i can see that glade.so isn't in there (above), I can't seem to get it there, nor have I been able to get it included in the interpreter settings. I can't find anything on google to help

Any ideas what I'm doing wrong?

Thanks!

The Following User Says Thank You to For This Useful Post:
Come on guys, with all the IQ points in this forum, someone must have an idea? Don't make me go all hardcore and handcode my GUI

Posts: 87 | Thanked: 47 times | Joined on Sep 2009 @ Sorocaba, Brasil
It seems to me your FREMANTLE target does not have pymaemo installed, otherwise your LOCATE command should list something in the way of:
/scratchbox/users/maemo/targets/FREMANTLE_X86/usr/lib/pythonx.x/site-packages/gtk-2.0/gtk/glade.so,
where x.x is the current python version for fremantle, I'm at work so I cannot verify which is the actual version deployed with FREMANTLE. Any other mymaemo installs, like the ones your locate is listing, are absolutely opaque to the actual target where you are developing.

So I suppose you should install pymaemo in your FREMANTLE_X86 target, as stated here:

http://pymaemo.garage.maemo.org/sdk_...html#fremantle

Good Luck.

The Following User Says Thank You to dalonso For This Useful Post:
ah hah. Thanks, I will try it this evening!

Tags
esbox, fremantle, glade, pygtk