Everytime Nokia releases a new Lumia device, this question asked and the answer is still the same.

The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to MINKIN2 For This Useful Post:
Posts: 229 | Thanked: 77 times | Joined on Aug 2009 @ Los Angeles
Originally Posted by dumpystig View Post
Stupid question but simple answer - buy a N9
It's not that stupid, just probably not likely.
If people can put Android on N9 and HP TouchPad, then many things are still possible... if we have access to the source.

The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to mcdull For This Useful Post:
Posts: 229 | Thanked: 77 times | Joined on Aug 2009 @ Los Angeles
Originally Posted by shinchim0 View Post
Everything in hardware form (processor, camera, screen, wireless charging...etc)
and 920 would have been a killing device if Nokia include the 41MP sensor from PureView 808.... another stupid move AGAIN that Nokia didn't put every goodies into one device, it's no longer the days when they owned the smartphone market that they could play the device upgrade game.

Moderator | Posts: 6,215 | Thanked: 6,400 times | Joined on Nov 2011
Originally Posted by mcdull View Post
It's not that stupid, just probably not likely.
If people can put Android on N9 and HP TouchPad, then many things are still possible... if we have access to the source.
See you hit the nail on its head right there...Meego Harmattan is open sourced with closed binaries that make it next to impossible to port over to other devices...AND if you manage to port the OS over, you next need to fiddle how to make a different set of hardware work with an OS that is made for the SoC its currently running on...

Android can be ported over to the N9 or TouchPad as similar hardware with official Android exists...

The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to thedead1440 For This Useful Post:
I agree it'd be an uphill battle, but I've seen this community work wonders with hacking stuff like Wazapp, Aegis, etc., and that was reversed-engineered, right? But I like the daring idea to ask, “What if?”

But ask yourself what experience you're looking for. If it's swiping around a snappy UI that's either a forgery of Meego, or merely “inspired” by it, then the Lumia line, the iPhone, and MS have software doing precisely that. I had to research a plan B of my own, and I must say that our Meegos have had a wide impact on UI design. I saw a sideloaded browser for Lumia with great swipe integration, iPhone has us cloned, and so do the Android devs. So just ask yourself why you wanted Meego on the 920 in the first place.

Posts: 337 | Thanked: 891 times | Joined on Jul 2012 @ Royaume Uni.
Originally Posted by mikecomputing View Post
what on 920 is better than n9 except maybe the screen? Better buy an n9
The camera on the 920 will be better.

The Following User Says Thank You to NokiaFanatic For This Useful Post:
Originally Posted by Hacker View Post
I agree it'd be an uphill battle, but I've seen this community work wonders with hacking stuff like Wazapp, Aegis, etc., and that was reversed-engineered, right? But I like the daring idea to ask, “What if?”

But ask yourself what experience you're looking for. If it's swiping around a snappy UI that's either a forgery of Meego, or merely “inspired” by it, then the Lumia line, the iPhone, and MS have software doing precisely that. I had to research a plan B of my own, and I must say that our Meegos have had a wide impact on UI design. I saw a sideloaded browser for Lumia with great swipe integration, iPhone has us cloned, and so do the Android devs. So just ask yourself why you wanted Meego on the 920 in the first place.
The Only one reason for SURE, because of MeeGo Harmattan OS.

P.S * And I still wish NOKIA can give some surprise of an alternative Version of 920, maybe something like 920M(M stand for MeeGo) which with Meego Harmattan pr 1.4 inside a good hardware base in 920.

Another Great surprise will be come from Jolla very soon enough~

just my 2 cent.

Originally Posted by mikecomputing View Post
what on 920 is better than n9 except maybe the screen? Better buy an n9
Everything except the OS. The 920 even seems like the next logical step for the N9...its just that Nokia screwed the pooch and used WM8 instead of MeeGo.

I would absolutely love a 920 with MeeGo.

Maybe slightly off topic, but what is it that people like so much about Meego? For me it's the Swipe interface. Could you not just re-skin something like Android (probably not WP8) to appear like N9's Meego/Harmattan?

Posts: 308 | Thanked: 299 times | Joined on Jul 2012 @ Graveyard
Originally Posted by djsat2 View Post
Maybe slightly off topic, but what is it that people like so much about Meego? For me it's the Swipe interface. Could you not just re-skin something like Android (probably not WP8) to appear like N9's Meego/Harmattan?
You can make it look like MeeGo, but you can't make it work like MeeGo

The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to ranbaxy For This Useful Post: