Notices

Posts: 1,103 | Thanked: 368 times | Joined on Oct 2010 @ india, indore
@ wikiwide

Off Topic! just for curiosity "Why do you press thanks button for almost every post, sometimes even in random threads?

get your smooth live wallpaper today
My YouTube videos

The Following 7 Users Say Thank You to nicholes For This Useful Post:
Posts: 1,239 | Thanked: 1,278 times | Joined on Aug 2011 @ Balochistan
can you people further improve camera quality in camera-ui2 ? i mean can you people increase photo quality to 100% ? Photo quality is not as good as i took photo with blessN900 in standard camera mode.

The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to panjgoori For This Useful Post:
Posts: 1,994 | Thanked: 3,342 times | Joined on Jun 2010 @ N900: Battery low. N950: torx 4 re-used once and fine; SIM port torn apart
Originally Posted by nicholes View Post
@ wikiwide

Off Topic! just for curiosity "Why do you press thanks button for almost every post, sometimes even in random threads?
Quick reply...
I do "thank" almost every post - it's my long-standing practice to thank every post in the threads interesting to me, as long as their posts are at least somewhat informative. I do not thank disrespectful, rude, or insulting posts, and I avoid thanking empty or off-topic posts. Sometimes I seek out a way to give as much thanks as possible for a particular achievement-contribution: I am in awe of CSSU, MBarcode, ModRana, QStarDict, for example.
In part, it might be my attempt to encourage people to use this website, to visit this community; for instance, to buy&sell devices here, instead of simply putting them on EBay or something similar. I do not wish them to think nobody is appreciating their offer, even if I am not going to take them up on it.
Best wishes.

The Following 16 Users Say Thank You to Wikiwide For This Useful Post:
Posts: 24 | Thanked: 35 times | Joined on May 2011 @ Pretoria, South Africa
I urgently need help please. I have 21.2011.38-1Tmaemo7.2+thumb0 installed. I installed libgstdsp.quality100.tar.gz that Karan suggested in this thread, since then my stock camera video stoped working. It does not record or playback previously recorded videos. I followed the suggested removal, but it did not solve the problem. Where can I get the latest version (SSU thumb version) of libgstdsp.so. Can someone please suggest what I can do.

Thanks in advance.

The Following User Says Thank You to sunil For This Useful Post:
Posts: 1,994 | Thanked: 3,342 times | Joined on Jun 2010 @ N900: Battery low. N950: torx 4 re-used once and fine; SIM port torn apart
Originally Posted by sunil View Post
I urgently need help please. I have 21.2011.38-1Tmaemo7.2+thumb0 installed. I installed libgstdsp.quality100.tar.gz that Karan suggested in this thread, since then my stock camera video stoped working. It does not record or playback previously recorded videos. I followed the suggested removal, but it did not solve the problem. Where can I get the latest version (SSU thumb version) of libgstdsp.so. Can someone please suggest what I can do.

Thanks in advance.
Quick reply...
File /usr/lib/gstreamer-0.10/libgstdsp.so belongs to package "gstreamer0.10-dsp". Therefore, you need to reinstall the package from correct repository (CSSU-thumb, wherever it is; I use CSSU-testing)
Best wishes.

The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Wikiwide For This Useful Post:
Posts: 559 | Thanked: 166 times | Joined on Jan 2010 @ Cyprus
Originally Posted by sophocha View Post
cssu stable
v51 kernel
camera ui opens up just fine,then trying to record in hd...it starts and then goes to blank screen and continues to record.Then the video is corrupt in media player.

help?
im quoting myself here.HD recording as i found out does NOT work with CSSU stable...install testing and all is fine!...just reporting for future reference in case someone has the same blank screen while recording.

The Following User Says Thank You to sophocha For This Useful Post:
why my pictures are no longer saved in Nokia N900/Camera?
is saved in Nokia N900 /
how to manage photos in Nokia N900/Camera automatically?

thank you

The Following User Says Thank You to adytzu For This Useful Post:
Originally Posted by Wikiwide View Post
Quick reply...
File /usr/lib/gstreamer-0.10/libgstdsp.so belongs to package "gstreamer0.10-dsp". Therefore, you need to reinstall the package from correct repository (CSSU-thumb, wherever it is; I use CSSU-testing)
Best wishes.
Thank you Wikiwide, I reinstalled gstreamer010-dsp. Now I can watch videos and take pictures but the video recording does not work. It freezes on the first frame until I end task. The other thing I noticed is that the file /libgstdsp.so is dated 29/07/2010 62.28kb, surely should be a newer file since I have CSSU-Thumb.

Any help would be appreciated.
Kind regards

Posts: 1,378 | Thanked: 1,604 times | Joined on Jun 2010 @ Göteborg, Sweden
Originally Posted by sunil View Post
The other thing I noticed is that the file /libgstdsp.so is dated 29/07/2010 62.28kb, surely should be a newer file since I have CSSU-Thumb.
I have no specific knowledge of that library in CSSU-Thumb but I do know that CSSU-Thumb is an ongoing build process adding stuff over time. So quite poss that library has not yet been built.

Re: your video problem. Have you tried the 720p video procedure outlined by freemandgordon (http://talk.maemo.org/showthread.php?t=77695)? Combined with CSSU-T it enables DVD/HD recording (and CSSU-Th incorporates CSSU-T does it not?). It may help you.

The Following User Says Thank You to handaxe For This Useful Post:
Originally Posted by handaxe View Post
I have no specific knowledge of that library in CSSU-Thumb but I do know that CSSU-Thumb is an ongoing build process adding stuff over time. So quite poss that library has not yet been built.

Re: your video problem. Have you tried the 720p video procedure outlined by freemandgordon (http://talk.maemo.org/showthread.php?t=77695)? Combined with CSSU-T it enables DVD/HD recording (and CSSU-Th incorporates CSSU-T does it not?). It may help you.
Thank you for your help Handaxe. I followed your suggestion and it works perfectly now. I can even open some videos that did not work in the past.

Once again, keep up the good work.

Tags
camera-ui, fremantle