I will be honest - I have had several resistive HTC phones before and I never had any issue using them with a finger - Hell i still use one of them as my main GPS. Maybe I just have bony fingers.

OK. If Engadget has a phone. Can they not give us a first look or hands on review? Or did I miss it. That 4 minute talk didn't tell me anything.

Originally Posted by aikon800 View Post
Anyway The n900 looked very small in hands and very pocketable, seems very promising phone then for sure.
Actually, No, it looks bad. The n810 screen and keyboard are perfect. In the n900 they shrunk the screen and the keyboard looks like its going to be a huge handicap. If they actually tried to do something useful on the show, like oh maybe use the phone and type on it, we could get a feel for it.

Posts: 5,478 | Thanked: 5,222 times | Joined on Jan 2006 @ St. Petersburg, FL
Originally Posted by Capt'n Corrupt View Post
Yeah the on-screen in Maemo 4 stinks (though I still use it for quick one-offs)..
********. The on-screen keyboard gets me up over 40wpm. It's not ideal, but it certainly doesn't stink.

The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to GeneralAntilles For This Useful Post:
Originally Posted by mhotep View Post
OK. If Engadget has a phone. Can they not give us a first look or hands on review? Or did I miss it. That 4 minute talk didn't tell me anything.
Here is an actual hands on review of the phone.

http://www.umpcportal.com/2009/09/jk...o-and-podcast/

The Following User Says Thank You to ioioio For This Useful Post:
Originally Posted by ioioio View Post
Actually, No, it looks bad. The n810 screen and keyboard are perfect. In the n900 they shrunk the screen and the keyboard looks like its going to be a huge handicap. If they actually tried to do something useful on the show, like oh maybe use the phone and type on it, we could get a feel for it.
ahhh... N900 was made as a phone, the N810 is just a tablet, so yah as a phone its compact enought to retain the features...not bad.

Smaller screen bad though.

Posts: 3,524 | Thanked: 2,958 times | Joined on Oct 2007 @ Delta Quadrant
Originally Posted by GeneralAntilles View Post
********. The on-screen keyboard gets me up over 40wpm. It's not ideal, but it certainly doesn't stink.
********. You're typing speed has little to do with how much I enjoy the on-screen...

Haha.... Seriously though as a primary user of the on-screen, IMO there's a whole lotta room for improvement. I would like to see a variant that didn't take up the entire screen but could still be used easily with the finger.

}:^)~

Originally Posted by aikon800 View Post
ahhh... N900 was made as a phone, the N810 is just a tablet,
Wasn't the n97 supposed to be the phone and the nXXX the mobile internet tablets? Is the n900 is supposed to replace the n97? I'm confused.

Originally Posted by ioioio View Post
Here is an actual hands on review of the phone.

http://www.umpcportal.com/2009/09/jk...o-and-podcast/
Yeah I've seen it. Just wondering why they haven't done their own review. They usually do.

Posts: 4,783 | Thanked: 1,253 times | Joined on Aug 2007 @ norway
if noia could lend him one, jkk would probably review it. he seems to be phone hunting right now...

btw, on the screen thing, have anyone considered the difference between finland and california?