Posts: 635 | Thanked: 282 times | Joined on Sep 2009 @ Black Mesa Research Facility
5pm actually...

Posts: 147 | Thanked: 29 times | Joined on Sep 2009 @ Lincs, UK
I would think it wont come until were settled back in to work after new year, maybe 1-2 weeks after.... thats even if we see one in Jan.

It would'nt surprise me, and I wouldnt be particularly bothered if it was much later. Im happy with my device the way it is... even when it is released i'll wait a while before updating

Originally Posted by DannStarr View Post
I would think it wont come until were settled back in to work after new year, maybe 1-2 weeks after.... thats even if we see one in Jan.

It would'nt surprise me, and I wouldnt be particularly bothered if it was much later. Im happy with my device the way it is... even when it is released i'll wait a while before updating
Vodafone will sell the device with PR1.1 firmware in early January in the UK... the new FW can't come later than that.

Posts: 78 | Thanked: 36 times | Joined on Nov 2009 @ Moscow
Originally Posted by 3alex View Post
Last rumors says thay new FW will be available after Xmas.
link(russian, sorry): http://maemos.ru/2009/12/21/new-firm...nii-48-chasov/
As expected, it will also include a store Ovi Store.

With the launch expected themes and games for Nokia N900, including the much anticipated Angry Birds!

Added: Unfortunately our source in the company Nokia hurried us happy.
Nokia decided not to risk, and do not let the update before Christmas.
It is expected immediately after the New Year holidays, and it does not last for the Finns to 11 the number
Otherwise, all true, and the reviews have played in Agry Birds - it is just seated!

Last edited by g0dzilla; 2009-12-23 at 11:00.

The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to g0dzilla For This Useful Post:
Posts: 2,869 | Thanked: 1,784 times | Joined on Feb 2007 @ Po' Bo'. PA
I vote for "before Christmas".

Some Maemo updates in the past were pushed out the day before Nokia took a long holiday. During that period things like incapability with prior software packages would pop up and at least once the repositories went down as well.... ah good times on these forums, good times.

Let's hope that it is ready when it's ready this time.

The only issue for me is no DTMF tones while in call on voip...

It kind of makes "If you know your parties extension, enter it now" and "If the problem you are experiencing is software related, push "2" on your touch tone device." sort of useless on the N900.

This reportedly has been fixed in the new firmware. Bugzilla Bug 5998

This has been fixed in the internal build version
2009.44-2
(Note that 2009 is the year and the number after is the week.)

Any public update released with or after this build version will include the
fix.

SLN member # 009

The Following User Says Thank You to YoDude For This Useful Post: