Notices

Originally Posted by Luz View Post
I suppose I mean Nokia/Ovi, they have hardly been sucessful in making the N900 a commercially viable option for commercial game developers. maybe user numbers do not attract the right people, but games like this and angry birds can run on any touch screen phone with right spec, so why are so few games ported to N900. I would be interested to see how many people have purchased this and angry birds level pack....
Ports still require development time. And so does setting up customer support. I'm actually amazed at Rovio's Angry Birds. I wonder how similar the code base or at least the level base is to the iPhone version.

"Meamo!" sounds like what Zorro would say to catherine zeta jones... after she slaps him for looking at her dirtily...

Originally Posted by Laughing Man View Post
Ports still require development time. And so does setting up customer support. I'm actually amazed at Rovio's Angry Birds. I wonder how similar the code base or at least the level base is to the iPhone version.
It would be interesting to know how much manpower was needed to port angry birds to N900, and why rovio havent done anymore games apart from AB and Bounce... I preume they didnt deem it financially viable...

Well Bounce was a tech demo (probably paid for by Nokia). Which is why you don't see any more levels. So AB is probably their only port. And they are doing new levels so I think someone must think it's financially viable.

"Meamo!" sounds like what Zorro would say to catherine zeta jones... after she slaps him for looking at her dirtily...