Originally Posted by mautz View Post
Sorry, i was looking at the wrong spec file...my fault.

Which patches did you add? For bluez4 you shouldn't need patches or build BT as module or you are going the backport route?
No worries.

So, what I changed:
- applied all from this
- added the following to the kernel:
CONFIG_BT=m
CONFIG_CRYPTO_CMAC=y
CONFIG_CRYPTO_USER_API=y
CONFIG_CRYPTO_USER_API_HASH=y
CONFIG_CRYPTO_USER_API_SKCIPHER=y
- changed the 'droid-config-hammerhead-bluez5' to 'droid-config-hammerhead-bluez4' in 'jolla-hw-adaptation-hammerhead.yaml'
- added the 'bt-sleep-monitor' and 'bt-sleep-timer' from 'droid-config-hammerhead' in mautz_kernel
- added the missing '%define dcd_path ./' into 'droid-config-hammerhead.spec' in 'hybris/droid-configs/rpm'

aaand, that's it.
Now I just have flashed the new build and rebooting. Fingers crossed... If it works, I will upload, otherwise I go back to the mine to pull the tram.

What is the backport route?

I still have the loop, by the way.

This new image displays the welcome in multiple language, then takes me to the language selection screen, then to the End user licence agreement, then back to the welcome screen.
Hmm.

Posts: 635 | Thanked: 1,535 times | Joined on Feb 2014 @ Germany
You only had to change bluez5 to bluez4 in the config file, nothing more.

The patches and kenel config changes are only needed if you want to backport bluez5 to an older kernel which does not support it. So, you mixed up quite a lot i think.

The Following User Says Thank You to mautz For This Useful Post:
You only had to change bluez5 to bluez4 in the config file, nothing more.

The patches and kenel config changes are only needed if you want to backport bluez5 to an older kernel which does not support it. So, you mixed up quite a lot i think.
I have applied those patches because this is how I read what you suggested regarding the bluetooth. I had no idea what the backport means.

Reverted those changes I made (the 3 patches and the defconfig flags) and only kept the bluez5 to bluez4 one and generated a new image. (wip0.11)

And the 'initial settings loop' is still there. All files and services I put into /sparse folder distributed correctly but something else is preventing the phone to step forward from the End of user licence screen. Probably this is related another change I made earlier but I have no clue what that was.

Last edited by edp17; 2019-11-20 at 08:02.

Good news! Mobile data works!
I needed to add the allowDataReq=off line to the end of '/etc/ofono/ril_subscription.conf' file and reboot the phone.

I have tried this on the wip0.6 version.

It means, if I find out why the new images do not pass the End user licence sscreen and the suggested bluetooth fix (bluez5 to bluez4) works (why not), we have a more or less working version!

The Following User Says Thank You to edp17 For This Useful Post:
Originally Posted by edp17 View Post
I am not sure about this commit solve the problem, because almost everything is commented out in there.
Plus I have found the 'ril_subscription.conf' in two locations.
1. /home/edp17/mer/targets/lge-hammerhead-armv7hl/etc/ofono/ril_subscription.conf

2. /home/edp17/mer/toolings/SailfishOS-3.2.0.12/etc/ofono/ril_subscription.conf

Both of them are the same and both of them are the same as the content in the commit. So, I am not sure how this would help.
Seemingly they were not as the same as the content in that commit.
The allowDataReq=off line was missing from them which has caused the non working mobile data.

The Following User Says Thank You to edp17 For This Useful Post:
@mautz
I have found these 'dev-ttyHS99.device' and 'hciattach.service' in your repo.
What are these for?
Do I need them?
If yes, where from I can get the '/usr/sbin/hciattach' program/script what the mentioned in the 'hciattach.service'? I didn't find 'hciattach' on the phone either in your repo.
Thank you.

Posts: 635 | Thanked: 1,535 times | Joined on Feb 2014 @ Germany
I needed these files in order to get bluetooth work. Is it working on your phone?

hciattach is included in the bluez package i think.

The Following User Says Thank You to mautz For This Useful Post:
I needed these files in order to get bluetooth work. Is it working on your phone?

hciattach is included in the bluez package i think.
Thank you.
Since wip0.6, I included these files but got the loop issue. I thought this was the reason, so removed them. However it was not the reason, I didn't include them into newer images.

Currently I use wip0.6 that has bluez5 and the other version (wip0.11) what I build with bluez4 is broken as cannot go further than the End user licence screen.
So I don't know whether the bluetooth works.

I will give another go and include these two files for another image. But this time I will use the 'make clean' before compiling the kernel and double check all settings (kernel config + patches, .spec files and files in the /sparse folder)
If get the same problem (loop in the initial setting) with the new image too, I will scrap everything and start over from scratch. (I hope won't need to do the latter as downloading the android source takes for very looooong time. )

Tags
hammerhead, nexus5, sailfishos, sfdroid